The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiquidGold
Something along the lines of:
But what will you even do with a geography degree?
You take further maths and you're not taking maths a uni?
You're clever enough to do well in further maths but are taking geography at university?
Do you get lots of field trips then?

Or the most common reply is generally along the lines of...

Well, at least you'll be an expert a colouring in :unimpressed:

Nah I never thought of the first one :nah:
Plenty of people take further maths and not taking it to uni :tongue:
Hmm... well Geog almost did seem like a strange choice :wink:
I take this as a yes, my friends have trips all the time!

I was definitely thinking about the last one :ahee:
Original post by James A
:zomg:

Hopefully with maths and chemistry sorted, I hope I can get a free cake :cool:

Will they turn me down though, because I had to retake some exams this year? :frown:

Naaaa... An A is an A right? :smile:
Reply 662
Original post by Arva
AAA

Smart question, picking a more neutral ground, but still no. :tongue:

I'll just comfort you by saying my insurance isn't higher than your firm.
Original post by JodieW
I'm absolutely terrified of results day, I'm more afraid of what my parent's reaction will be more than anything else. My sisters did really well in their A Levels and so there's so much pressure on me to get good AS results. I have stereotypical Asian parents and they expect me to ace it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine African parents :frown: haha
Reply 664
Original post by Padouken
I'll just comfort you by saying my insurance isn't higher than your firm.

Thanks for trying :lol:

Mine is!!
Original post by James A
I live in London so pv won't be a problem for me :biggrin:

Unless you guys come down to London for the day :awesome:

Haha, I'm also near a pv so I'll be alright, so long as I get an A and I don't forget about it... That would be disastrous... Missing out on free CAKE! :eek:
Reply 666
Original post by James A

Will they turn me down though, because I had to retake some exams this year? :frown:

Yea. British bakers totally have a list of all those cheeky blighters who retook exams and have the audacity to ask for so much as a cake. How dare you. You're banned from bakeries all across Britain.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Yep, shame Subway aren't doing something or Millies Cookies.. I love Millies Cookies, especially the giant ones!

Funny that, I've never been to Millies Cookies ever! Sounds like I'm missing out!
Original post by LeBron96
Imagine African parents :frown: haha

oh my. I can related my parents are also very strict. I feel like they expect me to do well and I am nervous of not delivering. the pressure is overpowering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 669
Original post by Infamous12
The nearer results day gets, the worse I think I have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true, after my exams I thought, Yeah this could work I didnt do so bad. But know Im just literally histerically explaining to evrbd how Im not going to make it :titan:
Original post by Arva
The horrified reaction was a joke, playing on the Ox vs Camb stereotypical rivalry, but I may actually be in love with Oxford city. I was planing to apply to Cambridge until just over a year ago when I went to an open day and instantly changed my mind.

I love my college, I love the course and the addition of management, I love the city and I have a nice offer, so I honestly wouldn't swap it even for Cambridge.

Yh I remember seeing your name on the stalking threads :ninja:, I admit the city was beautiful when I went to visit at the open day, but I don't know if I'd enjoy management having never studied it :dontknow:

where else did you apply?
Original post by Lifeisgood:)
x

Oh my word, they sell normal cookies, but then have big ones; see: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2602/4047534682_4ddf24edca_z.jpg... mmm! Yummy.
Original post by vicky8761
haha i wont need to, im literally living at home, no need to bring it home when ill be taking my clothes off there :P medway is kent, yeah :biggrin:
german and russian? you brave, brave soul :P

Ahh well that's alright then, more money for the important stuff- nights out etc :wink: haha. That sounds cool, my work colleague is in a band and played there once :smile: haha, so I am frequently told :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padouken
Yea. British bakers totally have a list of all those cheeky blighters who retook exams and have the audacity to ask for so much as a cake. How dare you. You're banned from bakeries all across Britain.

u r 1 cheeky ........

:tongue: :tongue:
Original post by James A

Ditto, I retook bio and chem but got an A last year in psychology... I WANT CAKE!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my word, they sell normal cookies, but then have big ones; see: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2602/4047534682_4ddf24edca_z.jpg... mmm! Yummy.

Woww, that is very cool... And huuuuge!! :O That is pretty awesome! Defo getting someone to get me one on my birthday! :biggrin: :cake: I'll drop subtle hints... :smile:
Reply 676

You have unwittingly given away your name, Simon. Buying yourself a birthday cookie?! :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Ditto, I retook bio and chem but got an A last year in psychology... I WANT CAKE!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We could grab some cake then :cookie: in London :cool:
Original post by kath_igidbashian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go get it dude! :bumps:
People, now is the time to officially freak out....

We've reached the 1 week countdown. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Excuse me while I debate whether to scream mindlessly or rock myself in the corner muttering stuff as a coping mechanism for stress...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest