The Student Room Group

Birmingham vs Bath

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help. I am so torn between Bath and Birmingham for my insurance uni and I have done a list of pros and cons and I'm still stuck. My only issues with them are that 1) Birmingham is very close to home only about 30 minutes. and 2) Bath does not have as good music as Birmingham. If anyone has an opinion to offer it would be very helpful :smile:
If you will still be able to get a place in halls at Birmingham, then I would err on the side of Brum. Just because you're fairly close to home, it doesn't mean that you have to be constantly going and seeing your family - though you may wish to manage your family's expectations. It's a much nicer place to live than Bath (I'm from Bristol, and whilst Bath is nice to visit there's no way I'd want to live there).
You need to look at the real detail of both the courses you would be studying - the detailed stuff about options/units etc, and for each of the three years - and compare the two Unis this way. Remember, you Insurance choice could easily be the University you do end up studying at.

Whilst the location, and 'student stuff' like music, is important, dont use this as the only factor in your choice. Every October TSR is littered with messages like 'I'm soooooo miserable at Uni', and its often because these people didnt think out the reality of what they would be studying every day for three years, and have got to Uni and realised that 'shopping', 'music' or whatever flimsy reason they made their choice on means nothing if you are bored senseless by the course you are actually studying. Choose wisely!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Depends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending