The Student Room Group

German AS Speaking Exam: The German Army

Hello everyone!

I am doing my AS German Speaking exam in the next couple of weeks and my teacher has encouraged me to do it on the German Army.

Unfortunately I seem to have run out of idea for topics to discuss so I would really appreciate any question ideas, discussion points or other advice that you could give me.

The questions that I have so far are:

1. Dürfen Frauen derzeit in der Bundeswehr sein? Was denkst du darüber? (Are women allowed in the army, what do you think about that?)

2. Wann und warum wurde die Wehrpflicht abgeschafft? Denkst du, dass das gut ist oder nicht? (When/why was conscription abolished? Do you think that this was a good thing?)

3. Was geschah mit der Wehrmacht nach dem 2. Weltkrieg? (What happened to the army after WW2?)

4. Wie viel Geld investiert Deutschland in die Verteidigung? Könnte das Geld besser verwendet werden? (How much money is spend on defense? Could this money be spent better elsewhere?)

5. Hat Deutschland Atomwaffen? Hat Deutschland das Recht, Atomwaffen zu besitzen? (Does Germany have nuclear weapons? Do you think that they have the right to have them?)

6. Wer hat im Verteidigungsfall die Befehlsgewalt über die Bundeswehr? (Who is in charge of the army?)

I am aware that some of the questions are a bit weak, I am really struggling to find ideas! Thank you in advance for your help!

EDIT: Ideas do NOT need to be in German, I am just looking for ideas, thank you!
(edited 11 years ago)
How about these?

How are the German Army viewed around the world/in Germany/In Europe?

Where else are their personnel stationed? How are they viewed in these countries?

How much influence do they have on the world stage?

I hope that helps.:biggrin:
Reply 2
When I did German, this was a topic that was specifically prohibited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending