The Student Room Group

AQA A Physics help?

Struggling with it so much...
I have gone through the book so many times and even the Letts revision book I still don't know what to do?

Help anyone?
Reply 1
Do past papers that's what help me the most also take notea becouse trust me you can read the book so many times but still dont get it all i can say is past papers help alot good luck:-)
:getmecoat::tsr::sexface::getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Letts revisin books are terrible get a proper one endorsed by AQA as the ones I have for core and additional science are so useful,I doubt I would have got a a* in the physics part of the course of it wasn't for the AQA revision guide I used.have you tried watching mygcsescience YouTube videos there a really useful way to revise and you don't even have to write anything down and if your stuck you can comment a question and he usually replies as well
Reply 3
Original post by Victoriapownall
Letts revisin books are terrible get a proper one endorsed by AQA as the ones I have for core and additional science are so useful,I doubt I would have got a a* in the physics part of the course of it wasn't for the AQA revision guide I used.have you tried watching mygcsescience YouTube videos there a really useful way to revise and you don't even have to write anything down and if your stuck you can comment a question and he usually replies as well

Are you crazy???
They're amazing in my opinion of AS Level trust me they're like a God-send a bit like CGP's for GCSE.
And ask anyone doing AQA AS Physics... They would say the official endorsed book is awful heck look at the reviews at amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Physics-AS-Students-Book/dp/0748782826/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367163776&sr=8-1&keywords=aqa+physics
Reply 4
Original post by ella6191
Do past papers that's what help me the most also take notea becouse trust me you can read the book so many times but still dont get it all i can say is past papers help alot good luck:-)
:getmecoat::tsr::sexface::getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to start them tomorrow I've gone over the book loads of times to make notes and also the Letts one and also Antonine education website... The bits that is just a nuisance is the waves bit I get everything else just the stupid waves :biggrin:
Original post by westarmy
Are you crazy???
They're amazing in my opinion of AS Level trust me they're like a God-send a bit like CGP's for GCSE.
And ask anyone doing AQA AS Physics... They would say the official endorsed book is awful heck look at the reviews at amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Physics-AS-Students-Book/dp/0748782826/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367163776&sr=8-1&keywords=aqa+physics

I think for me though I'd rather just have all the facts I need to know instead of this wishy washy rubbish trying to simplify everything which is was cgp do.i can't stand there books to be honest because the wording of everything is really stupid,but I suppose when it comes to AS you don't want anything that goes into too much detail as this could just scare you...
Are you crazy???

Yeh the reviews are pretty dire,it must be because I do gcse and the content is so much easier to understand so even if it is a bit wordy at this stage its still enough to get your head around it whereas with AS adding in loads of words could really confuse you I suppose
Reply 7
I think for me though I'd rather just have all the facts I need to know instead of this wishy washy rubbish trying to simplify everything which is was cgp do.i can't stand there books to be honest because the wording of everything is really stupid,but I suppose when it comes to AS you don't want anything that goes into too much detail as this could just scare you...

Yeh the reviews are pretty dire,it must be because I do gcse and the content is so much easier to understand so even if it is a bit wordy at this stage its still enough to get your head around it whereas with AS adding in loads of words could really confuse you I suppose

Yeh I understand :smile: but seriously when you may start AQA A physics... open up a book... Going through a page on a experiment only to realise the following statement...

"You do not need to know this for your AS Exam"

WHY OH WHY? :biggrin: hence buying revision guides such as CGP and Letts are amazing I wonder what happened to Lonsdale they were amazing!
Yeh I understand :smile: but seriously when you may start AQA A physics... open up a book... Going through a page on a experiment only to realise the following statement...

"You do not need to know this for your AS Exam"

WHY OH WHY? :biggrin: hence buying revision guides such as CGP and Letts are amazing I wonder what happened to Lonsdale they were amazing!

I'm doing edexcel course though so it might be different,and that's so stupid I didn't realise they would include so much unnecessary information WOW...
Reply 9
I'm doing edexcel course though so it might be different,and that's so stupid I didn't realise they would include so much unnecessary information WOW...

Exactly haha
Exactly haha

If the edexcel revision guide turns out to be like AQA's then I really doubt that I could get an A let alone even just pass the course,omg why are gcse so bloody easy and Alevels so hard its not fair I'd rather they made gcse much harder and made Alevels just that but easier...............my life is soon to become a lot more depressing it seems :frown:
Reply 11
If the edexcel revision guide turns out to be like AQA's then I really doubt that I could get an A let alone even just pass the course,omg why are gcse so bloody easy and Alevels so hard its not fair I'd rather they made gcse much harder and made Alevels just that but easier...............my life is soon to become a lot more depressing it seems :frown:

I thought they did make them harder?
I thought they did make them harder?

I doubt it because in AQA core science I've being getting A* in my exams so far when last year I took the same exams and got a C and a B so they must be oretty easy for me to be able to do better by 3 whole grades !
Reply 13
Struggling with it so much...
I have gone through the book so many times and even the Letts revision book I still don't know what to do?

Help anyone?

the best summary of AS AQA A is that everything stays the same unless work has been done i.e. a force or a collision or a decay. look at things carefully and use your equations and so long as you're thorough and go through past papers it should 'click'. unfortunately being a science subject you need the understanding and there are no easy fixes

good luck

this may help

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrPhysicsA
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending