The Student Room Group

GCSE- OCR History British Depth Study 1890-1918

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AKKaur
No problem! Which topic are you doing for the first one?

I'm doing Road to War, Treaty of Versailles, League of Nations and the Germany Depth Study...
Reply 21
Good luck to everyone doing the paper today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Good luck everyone. Not long to go. Ahhhh:smile:
Reply 23
so what do you guys reckon will come up? women, welfare reforms or home front? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Zippyzazu
so what do you guys reckon will come up? women, welfare reforms or home front? :smile:

Likely to be welfare reforms I think. Sadly that is :frown: its the worst of the 3!
Welfare and women, not the home front I think.

does the woman section include their contribute to the war and why they got the vote in 1918? As the questions on the specification were after some home front questions?
Reply 26
Strange, my History teacher said he was very confident Votes for women would come up, but now that I look at the previous years I don't see why that is, Liberal Reforms could just as easily come up.

Still, I'm pretty confident with this, I think a pretty average knowledge of this section and good source interpretation skills are all you need- most of the information needed for answers is already in the sources. Of course the more contextual knowledge you have, the better.
Original post by jay_em
Strange, my History teacher said he was very confident Votes for women would come up, but now that I look at the previous years I don't see why that is, Liberal Reforms could just as easily come up.

Still, I'm pretty confident with this, I think a pretty average knowledge of this section and good source interpretation skills are all you need- most of the information needed for answers is already in the sources. Of course the more contextual knowledge you have, the better.

agreed:biggrin: and good luck. How is revision going?
Reply 28
Do you think we can risk not revising WW1?
Reply 29
Original post by NDM.

Not sure, it's very unlikely to come up, but it's still a very big risk to assume it won't. I'd just read through it in a revision guide and make some quick notes.
Reply 30
Hey everybody, just thought I'd mention that my teacher predicts it'll be women because this year marks the 100 year anniversary of Emily Dawson's death, its only a hunch but sounds pretty logical to me :smile:
Reply 31
Do OCR even think about stuff like that? ^
Thank you so much for posting this! :]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by NDM.

I think we can risk not revising recruitment (i think that's what came up in jan2013. Does anyone have access to this paper?) but I'd revise gov propaganda and British and German reaction to peace settlements.
Reply 34
Original post by AparnaX
I think we can risk not revising recruitment (i think that's what came up in jan2013. Does anyone have access to this paper?) but I'd revise gov propaganda and British and German reaction to peace settlements.

Nope sorry.
Do we have to know that? I didn't think we did Germany in this paper
Reply 35
^ Some people do Germany for OCR I heard. Anyways, I'm stressing so much cause it seems impossible to answer these questions to a high standard and considering I have a biology exam the same day, I'm stressing like ****!
Reply 36
Original post by IHTWFR
^ Some people do Germany for OCR I heard. Anyways, I'm stressing so much cause it seems impossible to answer these questions to a high standard and considering I have a biology exam the same day, I'm stressing like ****!

Bio? I have chemistry on that day :L
Reply 37
Original post by NDM.
Nope sorry.
Do we have to know that? I didn't think we did Germany in this paper

Read the key questions. THe last one is:
What was the attitude of the British people at the end of the war towards Germany and theParis Peace Conference?

But yeah, basically I'd revise everything except recruitment. But we did recruitment for our mocks so I do know it fairly well.
Hi, for the British Depth Study (Paper 2) (1890-1918) the specification reads 'The effectiveness of the different tactics and the reactions of the authorities including Lloyd George and Asquith' (to the votes for women campaign)

I know Lloyd George supported the vote, but I can't find his reaction to their campaign anywhere!

Please help, Thanks :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by 7izzy7
Hi, for the British Depth Study (Paper 2) (1890-1918) the specification reads 'The effectiveness of the different tactics and the reactions of the authorities including Lloyd George and Asquith' (to the votes for women campaign)

I know Lloyd George supported the vote, but I can't find his reaction to their campaign anywhere!

Please help, Thanks :smile:

I've PM you with the answer. But, for everyone else, you don't really need to know this as it isn't in the official revision guide. But, generally, Lloyd George was in favour of women getting the vote but he was against the actions of the suffragettes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending