The Student Room Group

Britain's Immigrant Problem out of control- 1 in 4 of all immigrants come to the UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by de_monies
And higher income = more taxes for the country.

Yes, but more expensive houses disincentivises buying, so fewer people buy and more people rent, losing taxes.
Reply 41
Original post by Ace123
WE are close to breaking and then the xxxx will hit the fan, some truly shocking figures

1 in 4 of international migrants come to the UK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10112078/Britain-still-Europes-biggest-magnet-for-migrant-workers.html

Britain the biggest magnet for immigrants= EU immigration levels went up 10% now double that of Germany

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339306/Britain-STILL-biggest-migrant-magnet-Europe-despite-Germany-countries-opening-doors-workers-Eastern-Europe.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Estimated in the article that 700,000 will come from Romania and Bulgaria sounds more likely than the BBC and Government ridiculously low estimates

It has to stop

Well, if you don't like it here, just immigrate to another country.
No one is begging you to stay in this country.
Original post by PythianLegume
Yes, but more expensive houses disincentivises buying, so fewer people buy and more people rent, losing taxes.

This is a fair point I guess. I guess it's about balancing the two
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
I'm honestly surprised that a vast majority of people on these forums are so up for mass immigration. All it does is benefit big corporations, drives wages down and benefits down. When enough people are in an area that will take jobs that work longer, pay less, less breaks then why employ people who (rightly) expect the kind of living conditions we've been fighting so hard to get? It's just a downward spiral of employment rights and big profits for large corporations.

The "left" these days have utterly bought into a centre right leaning Labour party, yet they still think they're doing this for the benefit of the working class. It's insanity.

Not everyone who supports immigration is left-wing. In fact, it is ironic that people who dislike immigration are right-wing, so supposedly support free markets. I support people's rights to immigrate, yet don't identify as left-wing and would never support Labour. Perhaps your instant assumptions about the supporters of immigration could be wrong?
Not everyone who supports immigration is left-wing. In fact, it is ironic that people who dislike immigration are right-wing, so supposedly support free markets. I support people's rights to immigrate, yet don't identify as left-wing and would never support Labour. Perhaps your instant assumptions about the supporters of immigration could be wrong?

I fully realise that immigration is a very right wing concept, that's why I'm so stunned why the left seem to fully endorse it.
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
I fully realise that immigration is a very right wing concept, that's why I'm so stunned why the left seem to fully endorse it.

because they've brainwashed themselves into believing that opposition to "racism" is the height of human morality which (without any sense of irony) distinguishes them from more ignorant races and ignorant members of their own race, and that any objection whatsoever to immigration is also racist (even when this immigration is of the same race as them). Numbers, facts, figures, social impact, consequences, never come into it.
Original post by de_monies
And as someone else posted, they actually looked at the document a bit, and said that a lot of "poverty" comes from being disadvantaged, perhaps due to where they live, negativity received etc...

Naturally, immigrant poverty comes from being an immigrant! You try setting up in a new country with nothing. I have nothing against immigrants, the problem is immigration. We dont need mass immigration of 500-600,000 a year, it hurts our country.
Original post by thesabbath
because they've brainwashed themselves into believing that opposition to "racism" is the height of human morality which (without any sense of irony) distinguishes them from more ignorant races and ignorant members of their own race, and that any objection whatsoever to immigration is also racist (even when this immigration is of the same race as them). Numbers, facts, figures, social impact, consequences, never come into it.

No, on TSR they were brainwashed by their teachers and parents. Mummies boys and girls.
Original post by newpersonage
No, on TSR they were brainwashed by their teachers and parents. Mummies boys and girls.

And I suppose you came to your opinions through intense introspection and thinking, without any outside influence?
Reply 49
You cannot prop the economy up with immigration and the rise in house prices you ****ing retards.

That's not real growth, it's an illusion, a bubble. It's totally ****ing useless.

House prices should have burst back in 2008, but no. The people that risked borrowing ludicrously from the banks and put it all into property have made a killing, when those who have saved their way, are seeing their savings getting completely destroyed by the difference of inflation over interest. The government is doing everything it can to stop the house price crash, and when it comes, THAT MY FRIENDS, will be a recession. We haven't even begun the true recession yet. It's stupid. We won't achieve growth for the next decade, and no political party can help. If labour will get into power, they'll bring people in by the bargeload, see 0.5% GDP increase and claim WE FIXED THE ECONOMY.

NO YOU DIDN'T YOU ****.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/End-Growth-Adapting-Economic-Reality/dp/1905570333

Add that to your reading lists.

If you want to keep immigrating thousands of people to achieve growth, you need to stick your head up your own arse and take a big deep sniff.

Achieve prosperity without growth. That doesn't mean shoving people into the big cities like sardines.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
So what the **** is the problem? We are more productive than most whIte people. We help the economy not ruin it. We also take the jobs the white people don't want. So we are helping again
So social mobility of the young and poor is good, but letting poor, young immigrants come over for jobs is bad? :tongue:

As a resident of Croydon I hate this pro-immigration racism. All of these "poor" immigrants take jobs away from our poor ethnic minorities. You know this is happening and seem to rejoice in the suffering of the black British. New, qualified, white immigrants take the jobs that were held by the old immigrants.

Stop this industrial scale immigration now.
Original post by Martyn*
Remember what Labour did: sent out search parties for immigrants to come here to work and live.

we are no-longer in a labour-controlled state though.
Reply 53
Original post by Octohedral
Regardless of whether I agree with you or not (I'm not even totally against immigration), the gaping hole in this logic is obvious. So they have more children? Then their children get old and have even more children?

Ageing of the population is a long term problem - it cannot be solved by exponentially increasing the younger generation. Ponzi scheme was the perfect description.

Exactly.

We got loads of old people, so we need to have loads of young people to care for all the oldies.

Oh, we got even more old people, so we need to have even more young people to care for all the oldies.

I can't even express how mad I am when people say we need more people.

Watch that you donkeys. Even David Attenborough is saying you need to stop being retarded.
Reply 54
No way does 1 in 4 immigrants come into the UK, what a lie.

Instead of reading ridiculous articles such as the Daily Mail take a look at actual figures directly obtained from the government.
Work related immigration is actually falling-

As is long term trends in family immigration-

If you read through the figures- You'd find that there is an overall decline in immigration figures- https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-january-to-march-2013/immigration-statistics-january-to-march-2013
The papers often try to spin stories such as this using misleading information.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pandabird
No way does 1 in 4 immigrants come into the UK, what a lie.

It means in the EU. 1 in 4 entrants to the EU comes to Britain.
Reply 56

No it does not. As i addressed in my earlier post the article clearly states that 1 in 4 immigrants find work in Britain. Not, 1 in 4 immigrants come to Britain.
Original post by Dez
And our economy is doing bad enough as it is, imagine how much worse it'll get if we suddenly lost millions of workers?

No-one is even suggesting that we remove millions of workers from our economy!

The issue is that we already have a large oversupply of unskilled or low-skilled workers. We don't need to exasperate the problem by increasing their supply, because this puts further strain on our infrastructure.

We can't grow our economy forever and ever by expanding our population. There is likely a very strong reason why we have an ageing population. An equilibrium has to be hit regarding population levels or else we simply end up with overcrowding and squalor. I suggest that one of the reasons we have an ageing population is because conditions aren't right for families to want to raise large amounts of children - we don't have a large amount of people that need replaced after large wartime losses, nor is our economy growing exponentially.

The ageing population should not be replaced, allowing us to drop down to a more manageable population level.
Thing is people talk about the housing market and the NHS being inefficient etc, when its blatantly a result of the population increasing.
Reply 59

Almost one in four of all international migrants who found work were employed in the UK, nearly double the number who went to Germany

.Telegraph. Papers shouldn't be allowed to publish articles with such misleading information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending