The Student Room Group

No idea what I want to do and applying for univeristy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Carl1234
Yeah I don't really think a gap year is for me, don't think I'd be able to afford one to be honest (at least not one of those where you go around America or something) and I wouldn't like to take one and end up doing barely nothing with my time. I think I'd rather go while me mates are ga'an and see what happens. It's just I don't know what I want to do... it's really annoying haha.

You don't have to go on a flashy holiday, get a job at home, use that to meet people and do something with your time.

The problem with today's society is that every child feels that they must go to university at 18. It is ridiculous. University is not like school, it is non age based education. Go whenever you feel like you want to go, you don't even have to go at all.
Reply 21
The thing is guys I'm stuck between doing something like business or doing something else I enjoy. I do think I'll end up atleast attempting to run my own business so I think why do I need to go to uni for 3 years doing something that I'm going to do anyway which a ****ty course can teach me you know? When I could do something else I enjoy like criminology, psychology or whatever (even though I got a D in psychology, probably not an option haha) and then see where that can take me and run a business on the side? I don't know, I've never been able to make a decision.

I'm not sure if it's not knowing what I want to do or not having the confidence to do it? Since I'm not the most academic student and get mostly C's I don't know if I'll be able to do it?
What parts of business interests you? It is, I think, generally easier to get a job if you have studied finance rather than marketing. Either way, I wouldn't call it "wishy-washy" at all!
Reply 23
Original post by IlluminatedRain
What parts of business interests you? It is, I think, generally easier to get a job if you have studied finance rather than marketing. Either way, I wouldn't call it "wishy-washy" at all!

You'd be surprised how many people to!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending