The Student Room Group

The German Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Man, I was hoping for penalty as well. 10 minutes left. Come on.
Dortmund should have had a goal. Not suprised ref let bayern off. Pretty sad but w.e
Reply 582
Tbf the ref was relatively fair all game, but not giving that goal and ignoring the linesman was idiotic. Really handed Bayern the title.
What a load of BS. That goal not being given was pivotal. **** Bayern
Original post by Harvey.Specter
What a load of BS. That goal not being given was pivotal. **** Bayern

I would say Dortmund would have won with goal-line technology. The bottom line is that it was a pretty mediocre final.
Reply 585
Cheating refs as usual. Bayern can suck my ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty average final. Nothing spectacular. The ball was over the line but to the 'conspiracists' out there, the referees had a good game, apart from that the only other noteworthy chance was Lewandowski's horribly mistimed volley.

2:0 was flattering to an extent but fair play to Bayern who played without Schweini, Lahm, Alaba, Thiago, Mandzukic and a half fit Ribery. Also Dortmund who neutralised Bayern for the majority of the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus, HSV are a lucky team. Harsh on Furth.

HSV need a wholesale clearout of the likes of VdV though, otherwise they wont retain 'dino' status for much longer
Is it me or are there a considerable lack of goalscoring machines in the bundesliga. Is there an actual top striker in the german league?
Reply 589
Original post by jam278
Is it me or are there a considerable lack of goalscoring machines in the bundesliga. Is there an actual top striker in the german league?

Lewandowski?

Not sure if srs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
With the recent reform at Hamburg and the quassi-takeover by HSVPlus, is it still HSV e.V. or HSV AG?
Reply 591
Original post by 419
With the recent reform at Hamburg and the quassi-takeover by HSVPlus, is it still HSV e.V. or HSV AG?

HSV AG. Surprised that went through, sounded like the majority of members were against it. I guess that ends the "Dino" image for them.
Original post by qua
HSV AG. Surprised that went through, sounded like the majority of members were against it. I guess that ends the "Dino" image for them.

It is quite pathetic for a club of HSV's size and history to cling to the dino thing really.
What does 'Borussia' or 'Eintracht' or 'e.V.' mean in English? Are they just similar to 'United' or 'Athletic' in English?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by munchen102
What does 'Borussia' or 'Eintracht' or 'e.V.' mean in English? Are they just similar to 'United' or 'Athletic' in English?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Borussia derives from an old way of saying Prussia, which most of the clubs who use it are based in (before German unification in the 19th century). Eintracht means 'United' and Verein means club, so e.V. means 'united club'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 595
Original post by munchen102

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe e.V pretty much translates to registered club.
Reply 596
E.V. = eingetragener Verein = registered club.

What HSV are doing is spinning off their professional teams into a separated stock company (= "Aktiengesellschaft", A.G.), meaning their professional football team that we know as HSV stops being part of HSV e.V. and is now HSV A.G. Means more financial profit, but there's also the risk of a Leverkusen or Hoffenheim scenario, i.e. HSV turning into a plastic club.
(edited 9 years ago)
How did Schweinsteiger do this season? Spanish journo Graham Hunter suggesting Pep might be ready to let him go as he doesn't distribute the ball quickly enough, potentially opening the door for Van Gaal to take him to Manchester United. As a side note, was going to say Fabregas might have been a Pep player for Bayern in terms of ball distribution but he probably wouldn't want to play the deeper role.
Reply 598
Original post by Aky786UK
How did Schweinsteiger do this season? Spanish journo Graham Hunter suggesting Pep might be ready to let him go as he doesn't distribute the ball quickly enough, potentially opening the door for Van Gaal to take him to Manchester United. As a side note, was going to say Fabregas might have been a Pep player for Bayern in terms of ball distribution but he probably wouldn't want to play the deeper role.

He didn't have a great season, but that was down to his injuries, then a lack of playing rhythm and then tactics/bad form of the team as a whole. He really only got into a regular playing rhythm from March onwards, had some great performances then, but then the whole team started to decline. Having said that, I am 100% sure he won't be sold unless he asks for it. He and Lahm are untouchable for Pep really.

Talking of bad form, the whole German midfield is in a bit of a slump atm. With Lars Bender definitely out, it seems even more stupid that Jogi didn't call up Sven. Now he has Ginter and Kramer as alternatives :confused: And taking Klose as the only striker when no false 9 experiment has worked out so far is quite blunt as well. Also, poor Schmelzer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aky786UK

I'd be astounded if he wanted to leave + the board let him leave. Him and Lahm are the German core of the team. Raised through their youth and born in Bavaria.

Schweinsteiger to Utd does the rounds each season. I can't see it happening this season but I have heard that it is a club he admires.

I really hope Van Gaal whips those Utd players into shape. Fair enough Moyes wasn't great but the players abandoned ship when the going got tough. Only players I'd keep in the whole squad would be: RvP, Januzaj, Mata, Valencia and De Gea. The rest have seen their days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest