Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Envelopes
What type of things is everyone buying for university? Still haven't bought anything besides a laptop at the moment :s-smilie:

All the bed stuff, kitchen stuff, the usual. Lancaster have a list in their freshers' guide if you are completely stuck.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by JordanS94
I know this message is 2 weeks old but high 5 about Cheshire :ahee: I'm guessing you're more north than me because it takes me 1 hour 15 mins to get to Manchester :colondollar:

A high five from me too!

I'm from central Cheshire, but my dad is quite a fast driver when he's on the motorway. :biggrin:
Original post by SpiggyTopes
A high five from me too!

I'm from central Cheshire, but my dad is quite a fast driver when he's on the motorway. :biggrin:

ahhh that might be why my step-dad is very slow :lol: and you must be quite close to me then, since my town is nearish there.
ahhh that might be why my step-dad is very slow :lol: and you must be quite close to me then, since my town is nearish there.

Which town are you from?:smile:
Which town are you from?:smile:

Crewe so it's only about a 10-15 minute drive from central Cheshire. Wbu?
Crewe so it's only about a 10-15 minute drive from central Cheshire. Wbu?

Near Chester. :smile:
Near Chester. :smile:

The Chances are I've been to your town then :wink: I've biked to pretty much every where near Chester :lol:
The Chances are I've been to your town then :wink: I've biked to pretty much every where near Chester :lol:

I go on lots of bike rides to loads of villages around the county too! :biggrin:
I go on lots of bike rides to loads of villages around the county too! :biggrin:

I haven't done it in so long :frown: in high school I always biked everywhere with 2 friends, it all started when we decided to bike to Wales :lol:
Reply 449
Original post by Orthrus

Hahaha, i was thinking that it'd be a strange move to keep your old revision notes for your kids :lol: Right, keeping the dolls is a lot more normal, but they'll be falling apart by that time... they might even be worth a lot by then! Yeah, i can see how doing the same topic again could be kinda irritating, then again you would have that advantage of already being a bit aware of all the happenings :') Why does everyone else seem to have gone on some brilliant college trip?! The best i got was a trip to the local fair for 'physics revision' :tongue:

I might be strange, but I'm not that strange...maaaaybe :wink: Yeah probably but ah well, its a nice thought! I have some teddies that used to be my mum's though, so it works sometimes! :smile: Its just irritating because there are so many interesting parts of history to do, why do we have to do the same ones again! Haha :') Yeah it was pretty good! Only twelve of us went though, so it wasnt that big a trip really :') Optional :') That's what you get for doing boring subjects like physics :wink:
I haven't done it in so long :frown: in high school I always biked everywhere with 2 friends, it all started when we decided to bike to Wales :lol:

I go on my bike rides with friends too, we usually go in and out of Wales about six times because of the cycle path's shape! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I go on my bike rides with friends too, we usually go in and out of Wales about six times because of the cycle path's shape! :biggrin:

:lol: We only ever went the once since it took to long to get there with no breaks. We ended up just staying near the Chester area... I don't know but when I was young I always thought it was cool that we are able to bike to Wales because not that many people can.:colondollar:
:lol: We only ever went the once since it took to long to get there with no breaks. We ended up just staying near the Chester area... I don't know but when I was young I always thought it was cool that we are able to bike to Wales because not that many people can.:colondollar:

:biggrin: I still find it cool!

Are you taking your bike to uni? In trying to cycle even more now to try and get used to it for when I cycle in to Lancaster city centre.
:biggrin: I still find it cool!

Are you taking your bike to uni? In trying to cycle even more now to try and get used to it for when I cycle in to Lancaster city centre.

no :frown: it broke during a paper round when I was 16 and since then my love for riding has gone, it made me lose my paper round as well :unimpressed:
Reply 454
Original post by HannahS95
I might be strange, but I'm not that strange...maaaaybe :wink: Yeah probably but ah well, its a nice thought! I have some teddies that used to be my mum's though, so it works sometimes! :smile: Its just irritating because there are so many interesting parts of history to do, why do we have to do the same ones again! Haha :') Yeah it was pretty good! Only twelve of us went though, so it wasnt that big a trip really :') Optional :') That's what you get for doing boring subjects like physics :wink:

Oh god, County seems to be full of some... Characters. :tongue: Awwh, that's quite adorable! You'd be carrying on a tradition :smile: Maybe it's kind of like in physics when we redid stuff because they'd initially simplified it for the syllabus? But still, what an awesome trip to have been on - i'd have loved to have gone to russia, i might have even taken History just for that :') OUCH! And this from the history geek? :wink: We were meant to go to an observatory near the border, but our teacher forgot to ring them up to book it!
Reply 455
Original post by Orthrus
I know what you mean, i've been getting a few replies from applications i made in may :rolleyes: Yeah, i think we're pretty much all hoping to get some means of extra cash - if you're lucky, you might even get a part time at one of the campus shops and stuff! Although, competition might be pretty fierce with how lazy most of us are.

I am ashamed :ashamed2: I used to go running in my area, but a combination of early mornings and passing by people i knew deterred me. I much prefer doing manlycompetitive sports like football and badminton, but i definitely want to check new stuff out too... like archery or something :biggrin:
:tongue:

I can't imagine how many application they would get if it was a shop on campus probably a few thousand :P

Exactly why I don't want to run at home, I'm hoping on campus everyone will be in bed but I won't know everyone any way so it's fine :P

badminton manly? I do like badminton no idea what the rules are though I just hit it :smile:
I was thinking of archery too it seems quite a cool thing to try.
Reply 456
Original post by Orthrus
Oh god, County seems to be full of some... Characters. :tongue: Awwh, that's quite adorable! You'd be carrying on a tradition :smile: Maybe it's kind of like in physics when we redid stuff because they'd initially simplified it for the syllabus? But still, what an awesome trip to have been on - i'd have loved to have gone to russia, i might have even taken History just for that :') OUCH! And this from the history geek? :wink: We were meant to go to an observatory near the border, but our teacher forgot to ring them up to book it!

Hahaha quite! I'm sure it'll be great fun :wink: Yeah :smile: Well yeah it was abit more detail, and the questions were different and stuff like that, but we'd still done like 80% of the content before :') Yeah Russia was pretty amazing, would definitely say it was a special trip! Haha history's fun :wink: ahaha that musta been annoying! I actually went on quite a few trips in sixth form, because I did Geology, so we had a residential field trip each year, then a few day trips as well for coursework etc :') they weren't quite so fun though... :')
Reply 457
Original post by katie55
I can't imagine how many application they would get if it was a shop on campus probably a few thousand :P

Exactly why I don't want to run at home, I'm hoping on campus everyone will be in bed but I won't know everyone any way so it's fine :P

badminton manly? I do like badminton no idea what the rules are though I just hit it :smile:
I was thinking of archery too it seems quite a cool thing to try.

And half of them would just be me using different names to try up my chances!
In the end, we both know that everybody will be in bed, including yourself :tongue:
I usually get some sort of heckle when i mention badminton, so i try to pre-empt the joke about it being a bit effeminate compared to the stereotypical man sports like rugby.
Yeah, i'm sure lots of people will be attracted to things like archery, fencing and stuff, just because they're a bit unusual... and you can pretend to be robin hood or something while doing them :biggrin:

Original post by HannahS95
Hahaha quite! I'm sure it'll be great fun :wink: Yeah :smile: Well yeah it was abit more detail, and the questions were different and stuff like that, but we'd still done like 80% of the content before :') Yeah Russia was pretty amazing, would definitely say it was a special trip! Haha history's fun :wink: ahaha that musta been annoying! I actually went on quite a few trips in sixth form, because I did Geology, so we had a residential field trip each year, then a few day trips as well for coursework etc :') they weren't quite so fun though... :')

Well i hope you checked the course structure before applying, i'd laugh if you found out you were doing a lot of Russia topics again :tongue: He made up for it by being a physics teacher who can do magic tricks... you wouldn't believe the amounts of times he made me question reality without even using his physics expertise - so i'd be hard done by having to choose between russia and magic :lol:
Hahaha, as someone who stayed at college for most of my courses (I mean, you can't really go anywhere for maths, can you?), i'm extremely jealous! I would happily have tagged along on geology trips - i love all types of rock(s)! :')
Reply 458
Original post by Orthrus

I usually get some sort of heckle when i mention badminton, so i try to pre-empt the joke about it being a bit effeminate compared to the stereotypical man sports like rugby.

Sorry to jump in on your guyses conversation, but I always see badminton as one of those sports that isn't specific to a gender :tongue: heck even my grandma plays with me sometimes.

Just such an overall fun and enjoyable sport :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Original post by MMAGuy
Sorry to jump in on your guyses conversation, but I always see badminton as one of those sports that isn't specific to a gender :tongue: heck even my grandma plays with me sometimes.

Just such an overall fun and enjoyable sport :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I would also say this :wink: and at school all the males in my year loved it and played it after school it except for football I think it was the second most popular sport with males at my school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending