The Student Room Group

Student loan question (wasn't going to uni, and now I am!)

Hey there long story short:

Wasn't planning on going to university as after first year I ended up with B D D E in my AS.

I started my application on UCAS (but never actually sent any off). So I have my ID number.

I went ham on the revision in A2 and I ended up with three A's at the end. I'm still in shock.

Rang through clearing and got a lot of uni's offering me places.

The question I have is: what do I do in terms of student loan?!

Apply now. The site is messing up massively atm but get it done ASAP
I guess apply as soon as possible for a loan?

Maybe explain to the unis you want to go to that you decided to apply for uni late and do they have any rules that mean you have to pay up front before you can be matriculated as you have yet to apply for your student loan. For example, at St Andrews your tuition fees for the year have to be paid before you can matriculate. There will probably be a delay in your money so you may find yourself struggling for the first few weeks but universities should have an emergency/ hardship fund and hopefully they will give/loan you money until your loan pays out.

As far as I am aware student loans can be applied for throughout the year (primarily because some people don't think they need it but then run out of money) so that should be ok.
Reply 3
I was reading your thread and I just had to congratulate you on improving your results so much! You should be really proud of yourself. AAA's a great set of grades, no wonder why loads of universities are offering you places through clearing. Regarding the student loan issue, I can only echo what the above have said about applying as soon as possible.

Hope it all works out well in the end for you.
Reply 4
Original post by Boundless
I was reading your thread and I just had to congratulate you on improving your results so much! You should be really proud of yourself. AAA's a great set of grades, no wonder why loads of universities are offering you places through clearing. Regarding the student loan issue, I can only echo what the above have said about applying as soon as possible.

Hope it all works out well in the end for you.

Echoing the sentiment - a massive congratulations!

I'm going to assume that you need a loan for university; and therefore, should do it as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending