Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did very badly in AS - Need advice desperately Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, i just got my AS results back this morning and i've really messed up.
    After being predicted A'S and B's i came out with EEEU which is something that has never ever happened to me. I take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics.

I am completely stumped as what to do now.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to apply for at university?

ReputationRep:
    originally i wanted to do medicine but half way through the year i lost interest in it and then sort of took up an interest in the Economics maths sort of direction

ReputationRep:
    do you think you could have put more effort into revision/lessons? Can you retake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    do you think you could have put more effort into revision/lessons? Can you retake?
    yeah i guess i could have but i did work very hard so its just annoying. Yeah i could retake but i would really prefer not to do that

ReputationRep:
    Okay so im doing the same subjects as you, except for economics, I take psychology instead. I got pretty bad results too, i got BCCD, What I suggest you do is drop the subject you got a U in unless its economics or maths, if it is then you can either retake this year? or you can retake the exams you did badly in along with your A2 exams, that's the only thing you can do tbh. But if you want to apply to uni this year your going to have to check their entry requirements, if they're higher than what your teachers predict you, then you'll probably have to go for deferred entry or just apply next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jali11)
    hi, i just got my AS results back this morning and i've really messed up.
    After being predicted A'S and B's i came out with EEEU which is something that has never ever happened to me. I take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics.

I am completely stumped as what to do now.
    If I were you, I'd take the year again. Speak to your tutor/teachers at college and ask them if it would be possible. If not, maybe start looking at other sixth form colleges in your area. It would be good for you to have a fresh start. Re-take the subjects that you care about and maybe think about taking some different ones? I've re-taken the year and I don't feel any different to the rest of the people in my classes.

Basically, re-taking whilst doing A2s would be challenging and chaotic. You deserve a fresh start. If you've been predicted good grades, you must be smart enough!

ReputationRep:
    It looks like retakes are the only option, unless you have reason to think the marking was iffy.

ReputationRep:
    work harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatimabano)
    Okay so im doing the same subjects as you, except for economics, I take psychology instead. I got pretty bad results too, i got BCCD, What I suggest you do is drop the subject you got a U in unless its economics or maths, if it is then you can either retake this year? or you can retake the exams you did badly in along with your A2 exams, that's the only thing you can do tbh. But if you want to apply to uni this year your going to have to check their entry requirements, if they're higher than what your teachers predict you, then you'll probably have to go for deferred entry or just apply next year
    Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah i think it seems as though i need to retake the year and drop Chemistry which is good as it is probably the hardest. The only problem i have with dropping it though is the fact that ive spent the whole year learning it so maybe redoing it may help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BingTaoBing)
    If I were you, I'd take the year again. Speak to your tutor/teachers at college and ask them if it would be possible. If not, maybe start looking at other sixth form colleges in your area. It would be good for you to have a fresh start. Re-take the subjects that you care about and maybe think about taking some different ones? I've re-taken the year and I don't feel any different to the rest of the people in my classes.

Basically, re-taking whilst doing A2s would be challenging and chaotic. You deserve a fresh start. If you've been predicted good grades, you must be smart enough!
    Yeah mate i think you're right in everything you said. Thanks a lot for the reply. I think it seems i have to retake the year

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I suggest you focus on the basics and once you have understood that , then build on that further knowledge.

This is comming from some who got DEE in AS (Applied Business studies , Economics , Geography) all today , so i share your problem.

ReputationRep:
    I messed up badly in my important subjects in my AS levels that I got results for today, I did Applied ICT, Chemistry, Economics and Maths, and received BBCD, which is terrible especially when I want to do Economics at uni BA or BSc. I need to carry on Econ and Maths definitely and need to retake my as maths basically along with A2 modules. As I find ICT easier, should I drop Chem or will unis not even look at me?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.