The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not unless you're trying to lose weight, no. Generally you should be putting on weight as you're growing, makes sense doesn't it?
Reply 2
Thanks!

I am trying to lose a bit of weight, but is it good for the body to be losing weight as I grow?
Reply 3
I doubt it matters either way unless you get into an unhealty weight range.
Reply 4
i used to put on weight just before i grew so i'd say its alright. or maybe im just a freak :frown: :p:
Reply 5
Is 5 feet 6 1/2 inches and 61 kg okay?
Reply 6
Anything over 57 kg would be fine for that weight.
Reply 7
Bismarck
Anything over 57 kg would be fine for that weight.

Okay Thanks!

and what is the maximum weight for that height?
Reply 8
Anonymous
Okay Thanks!

and what is the maximum weight for that height?

About 86 kg. These are just general guidelines, and they assume that you have average bone structure and aren't overly muscular. On average, it would mean that you're healthy. You can still be underweight or overweight while being healthy, but neither is really advisable. You can probably tell whether you're under or overweight better than anyone here.
Reply 9
86kg for someone who's 5 ft 6. I don't think so somehow, unless you are american.
Reply 10
Zlatan
86kg for someone who's 5 ft 6. I don't think so somehow, unless you are american.

It would be a BMI of 30. Anything over 30 is unhealthy. If you actually read my entire post, you'd see that being a healthy weight does not mean that one isn't underweight or overweight.
Reply 11
Anyone over BMI of 20 is fat imo. Unless they are built like a brick ****house.
Reply 12
Zlatan
Anyone over BMI of 20 is fat imo. Unless they are built like a brick ****house.

Considering that 25 is considered the average, you would be putting a vast majority of the world's population into the fat category. Heck, my BMI is about 21, and I know for a fact that I'm underweight...
are you a guy or a girl?
Reply 14
ringlets anon.
are you a guy or a girl?

Do you know any guys that weigh 61 kg and want to lose weight? :smile:
25+ is overweight on BMI. 30+ is obese.
Reply 16
Hm, just checked and you're right.
Reply 17
yes, but then the BMI is a crap indicator anyway
Reply 18
Chi3f