The Student Room Group

Little hype over a-level results?

I'm curious to see what you all made of the build up to a-level results this year. I felt like it was so quiet, and rarely was it tweeted about unlike the previous year that had a lot of hype/talk/trends over it. Someone else was saying how sometimes the publicity peaks and then drops. I've also seen more comments about going on to apprenticeships over the past year. What did you lot notice? and if you got your results I hope they were all that you wished for. :smile:
Reply 1
No controversy over the exam boards failing to do something basic... like mark papers properly.
A lot less controversy and a lot less people going to university it seems.

Maybe it's just that the media realised how much pressure the is and decided to cool it, or is that just wishful thinking?
Reply 3
Original post by leinad2012
A lot less controversy and a lot less people going to university it seems.

Maybe it's just that the media realised how much pressure the is and decided to cool it, or is that just wishful thinking?

Thanks for your comments, I agree - I'm intrigued to see what the gcse results will be like. I assume much of the same...if there was any controversy would it already be published for them? I can't remember what happened last year. And for the media, probably wishful thinking - the coverage they got from that last year was immense though. I haven't heard anything on BBC R1 this summer either...for the times I have listened to it.

Quick Reply

Latest