The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wilfred87
Anybody who applied to a101 had a decision today?

Nothing for me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willois
Rejected, int'l grad. Good luck to the rest of us ^^

Also an international grad, still no news. Any internationals here still waiting to hear back? Oh my goodness, this wait cannot possibly drag itself into April....

P.S I only read good luck - I didn't realise you got rejected!! I am so sorry. :/ Are you waiting to hear back from any of the other schools you applied to?
Reply 3082
Original post by aamin96
YESSSS OFFER FROM BARTSSSS!!!! guys refresh your UCAS they didn't send me an email I just checked

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!!! Join the barts club :biggrin:
It's my birthday tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a barts offer on my 18th!

Btw- Happy Birthday to Elton John :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rara13
Congratulations!!! Join the barts club :biggrin:

Are you dentistry?
Reply 3085
A100 year 13 applicant still waiting here.
It was A100 rejection day today. Seems like barts has changed its strategy of giving rejections in the end !! Hopefully tomorrow is the offer day for A100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aamin96
YESSSS OFFER FROM BARTSSSS!!!! guys refresh your UCAS they didn't send me an email I just checked

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing Dentistry?
Reply 3088
Original post by jack_smith969
Are you doing Dentistry?

Yeah man, i just wanted to inform the medics to refresh the ucas track because the email comes quite a while later
Have any year 13 students recieved an offer today or has it just been rejections? Sorry and good luck to those rejected.
Original post by aamin96
Yeah man, i just wanted to inform the medics to refresh the ucas track because the email comes quite a while later

Cheers :smile:
Original post by hello101
Rejection.... absoultey gutted ...... GRADUATE TO A100 UKCAT 750 VIA TRACK

Hey, I'm sorry to hear dude. I've been following you around this forum for a while, you are a great character and deserve this. You must not give up. You must follow your dreams. It takes a few times for many, many students but the end goal is the same.

PM me if you need anything brother. I hope you're well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Cephalosporin
Oh no!! I had my fingers crossed hello101 will get some good news from Barts soon. :frown: This makes me really sad. I am so sorry. :frown: :frown: Are you waiting for other schools to get back to you?

Thank you for ur sympathy ... Only kings remain between me and jumping of a bridge ( lol figuratively speaking ) but I just got offered a grad job for 45 k plus bonus ... So I can't be that bad at interviewing ;-( I don't know what I will do if kings say no now after such a long wait since December ....... I hate Tuesday 25th march 2014 ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by General Maximus
Hey, I'm sorry to hear dude. I've been following you around this forum for a while, you are a great character and deserve this. You must not give up. You must follow your dreams. It takes a few times for many, many students but the end goal is the same.

PM me if you need anything brother. I hope you're well.

Thank u so much....
I am just really annoyed ( 5 stages of grief )
That they didn't not read my personal stamens or refereed to it ..... As my answers made so much sense had they done it. But I remember who interviewed me and now I shall look for them ( lol not stalkerish at all ) and force them to give me a response ... I tried email but they refused to give any information ......
I am really really sad to be honest but hey .."
Best of luck to u .. Let me know of ur good news .. Trust me that will help me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
Thank u so much....
I am just really annoyed ( 5 stages of grief )
That they didn't not read my personal stamens or refereed to it ..... As my answers made so much sense had they done it. But I remember who interviewed me and now I shall look for them ( lol not stalkerish at all ) and force them to give me a response ... I tried email but they refused to give any information ......
I am really really sad to be honest but hey .."
Best of luck to u .. Let me know of ur good news .. Trust me that will help me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you weren't too far off brother, you'll get it next time! Or hopefully from Kings this year.

I'll let you know if I hear anything
does anyone know how they even score interviews.
Original post by pencilsaregreat
does anyone know how they even score interviews.

Last year interviews were scored out of a total of 50 points and offers were given for interviews with a score of 40/50 and above.
Year 13, rejected from A100 today via Track; you win some, you lose some! Congratulations to all those who got an offer and best of luck towards meeting it. For those who were rejected, unlucky, I hope you found somewhere else! And for those unfortunate enough not to have another offer, just remember that you'll get where you need to be regardless of how long it takes. Just work hard!

It's been pretty fun watching this thread haha, Tally Ho! =P
Reply 3098
just wanted to ask something and please dont be rude: why do you guys want to medicine and why in London? wont the prices for accommodation be even higher there ( a lot of people tend to really lack money during their degrees, wont this just make it worse????)
Original post by PhRose
just wanted to ask something and please dont be rude: why do you guys want to medicine and why in London? wont the prices for accommodation be even higher there ( a lot of people tend to really lack money during their degrees, wont this just make it worse????)

For me, I live in East London and I can live at home so its very cheap!

Chose medicine at a London uni because the world renowned clinical schools and the fact that everyone in the world knows of LONDON and its a medical school in LONDON which gives you tonnes of bonus points.

I think I spoke for the majority of people on this thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending