The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

when does medicine course start in sep 2014. any dates published yet?
To be honest I felt like all I could do was know the basic questions. The stations very much test you as a person, not what you can learn to say. And we were specifically told not to say anything about each station and chances are they will have mixed them up. Just keep calm and before you go in relax and chat to other interviewees. It goes by quickly!!
Original post by hedgemonkey
when does medicine course start in sep 2014. any dates published yet?

22nd september!
Original post by Eljshaw
I know you can't really be specific about anything but wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how/ what to prepare for the interview? Mines on the 30th jan and I'm going out of my mind about what you all refer to as 'that station!'. Would really appreciate some help

Don't worry about 'that' station! First of all it turned out some of us weren't even referring to the same one :tongue: Pretty much everyone struggles with at least 1 station so don't fret :smile:

Original post by meghollands
Haha I feel the same!! Well done to your son !!

I REALLY REALLY WANT AN OFFER :tongue:

Although after my debacle of an interview I'm not exactly filled with hope :smile:
Original post by Priya_Biju
Congrats!
What time did u guess get the notification? Good luck in advance :smile:

I found out on the 6th of January
Reply 1765
Original post by Philippamalko
You know Leicester is MMI right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely 8 stations of approx 7 min each but i was thinking that if during a station do they have a set of questions that they try to get through or is it best to answer each question thoroughly?
Reply 1766
Original post by sklka
Not yet! Any one know any internationals got any offers? I did my interview on 17th dec.

same! Considering the limited number of places for internationals do you think they'll hold off making any offers until they're done with all of the interviews?
Reply 1767
I guess so :/
That's great news, do u feel prepared for thursday? How are you preparing/ I feel like I am not prepared at all! I am waiting to hear from Kings, Leicester, Notts and Sheffield! Got offer from UCL but thats my fifth choice.
I really cant wait till I hear from at least one or two of my unis! The wait is very scary.
Anywho,
Good luck for ur interview! Let us know how it went.

i think so, learnt my ps quite well, so hopefully it'll go well. tbf each uni do it differently so i suppose there's not too much you can do yet so it's alright. interviews still go on for a bit so don't worry just yet. ucl for biomed? yeah trust me, the wait is the worst, you haven't been rejected yet though! ah thanks and i will defo! good luck on hearing from unis!
Reply 1768
Original post by medic77
same! Considering the limited number of places for internationals do you think they'll hold off making any offers until they're done with all of the interviews?

It's possible. But they said they will interview approximately 100 international applicants. On 17th many of them were internationals.so, l thought they might give some offers this week.
so no offers today?
Original post by g.k.galloway
Heya peeps, a huge congratulations to those who have got offers. Just one questions - how are you finding out? email? track? :smile:

Thanks

Not sure if someone has already replied to this but I found out by email :-)

I got 2 emails: one from the uni and one from UCAS stating something about my application had been changed
Anymore interview or is it all over?
Original post by Ama2007
Anymore interview or is it all over?

Of course it's not over or else they would email to say we've been rejected. Sit tight and try not to worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adersh96
i think so, learnt my ps quite well, so hopefully it'll go well. tbf each uni do it differently so i suppose there's not too much you can do yet so it's alright. interviews still go on for a bit so don't worry just yet. ucl for biomed? yeah trust me, the wait is the worst, you haven't been rejected yet though! ah thanks and i will defo! good luck on hearing from unis!

Ya, I guess each uni is different. No, UCL for mpharm.
I know right, waiting for interviews is way better than getting a rejection quick. :wink:
Hopefully by the end of feb I would have interviews!
Original post by srahman
Yeah definitely 8 stations of approx 7 min each but i was thinking that if during a station do they have a set of questions that they try to get through or is it best to answer each question thoroughly?

i can't tell you whats in the stations, but you wont need to worry about that :smile:
Reply 1775
Ya, I guess each uni is different. No, UCL for mpharm.
I know right, waiting for interviews is way better than getting a rejection quick. :wink:
Hopefully by the end of feb I would have interviews!

Nice nice sounds good :smile: aha trust me, you're not wrong :wink: yeah hopefully!
Reply 1776
Original post by IAmABaws
Why would you apply to Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suspect Trinity would be fascinated to see what a compassionate, caring and empathic soul they have wasted their offer on. Would you have been proud for them to have seen this comment before your interview? What an idiotic statement. If you're going to become a doctor (and it seems there is little we can do to prevent this now) then please start to think before you speak...
Reply 1777
Original post by Dr. Django
Wow, 3 offers by mid January is an incredible feat (hats off for Oxford!)

Is he gonna put Leicester as one of his options? If not, maybe he could decline the place :tongue: I WANT AN OFFER AFTER ALL :wink:

We are all very pleased and extremely happy for his achievements. He is waiting for Imperial and after that he will take the decision. We have been invited to Oxford on 8th February for a lunch and meet all his future tutors and classmates. If any of you are going, let us know, it will be nice to meet you all.
Original post by IAmABaws
Why would you apply to Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

would you enlighten me...what exactly is wrong with applying to Leicester
Original post by Sushi123
would you enlighten me...what exactly is wrong with applying to Leicester

Probably because we're not baws 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending