The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Anyone else planning on commuting to Salford University from September 2013

I'm starting Aircraft Engineering degree at University of Salford from September and was just wondering if anyone else will be commuting to the university from Lancaster/Preston area?
Reply 1
I live in Lancaster, and I was considering commuting, but I think it will be tiring to go there and forward every single day, plus you'll get to miss all the fun at uni :P
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
You starting Uni this year? What school you at at the moment?
Reply 3
Yeah, I will be studying Multimedia and Internet Technology. I couldn't decide what course to take actually. I wanted to take up Aircraft Engineering but decided to leave my ambition of becoming a pilot after uni, when/if I have a proper job with the degree.
Reply 4
Ah I see, I'm a Private Pilot at the moment finishing my hour building. I decided to take this 3 year gap in my flight training to do some back up plan as insurance. But after Uni I'm going straight in to my MEL-CPL with IR. And I'm also from Lancaster.
Reply 5
I'm commuting, but from the far side of Warrington. Not quite as bad as Lancaster!
Reply 6
Original post by Pilot94
Ah I see, I'm a Private Pilot at the moment finishing my hour building. I decided to take this 3 year gap in my flight training to do some back up plan as insurance. But after Uni I'm going straight in to my MEL-CPL with IR. And I'm also from Lancaster.

BTW Tilstock dropzone are looking for a drop pilot for Fridays and Saturdays. You want to speak to Alex Busby or a bloke called Colin. Its a G8 airvan and a 182 cessna. Milk run to 10K up and down all day.
Reply 7
Original post by Justpin
BTW Tilstock dropzone are looking for a drop pilot for Fridays and Saturdays. You want to speak to Alex Busby or a bloke called Colin. Its a G8 airvan and a 182 cessna. Milk run to 10K up and down all day.

It's some distance away but I will have a look at it, thanks :wink:
Reply 8
im going to be commuting from Dewsbury :frown:
i was considering moving closer to the university but student finance have been taking the biscuit so not going to have time now, i have a 3 year old son too which isnt going to make it much easier.
Hopefully though in six months time or so when i know the area i'll be able to move closer :smile:
Reply 9
I am going to be studying Human Biology and Infectious Diseases and I am going to be commuting from Sheffield ! But only for the first year.
Reply 10
just move to salford
Yeh i'll move in Jan or second year .
Reply 12
I'm commuting from Runcorn to salford uni, so that's a 10 minute bus journey and 1 hour on the train :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Nicoleypops
im going to be commuting from Dewsbury :frown:
i was considering moving closer to the university but student finance have been taking the biscuit so not going to have time now, i have a 3 year old son too which isnt going to make it much easier.
Hopefully though in six months time or so when i know the area i'll be able to move closer :smile:

I used to work in Brighouse nearby, On paper it looks a reasonable distance, but from Bolton it took 55 minutes. Bring some good tapes.
I'm driving from Trafford.

Considering moving out for 2nd year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decided to move nect week
im goin to commute from Rusholme to university.. huhu

Posted from TSR Mobile
I studied at Salford, graduated now but I commuted there for three years, I lived in South Manchester so wasn't too tiring but I was friends with a lot of people who commuted, places like Burnley, Oldham, Wigan, Liverpool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending