Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Student finance question.

On the student finance website it says:
"Your payment timetable for Tuition Fee Loan
This will be paid directly to the university or college."

However, when I was going through all the links provided in the email I got today, I didn't find anything about what was needed to be done if the payment was coming from student finance.
There's also another issue that the expected payment date is the 16th of October for one of the three payments (kent also say they want it done in two :/ ), whereas the payment is supposed to be due by 30th September.

As you could imagine, this got me all but a bit worried about whether or not SF are actually handling the payments in a way that Kent accept.

So should I just leave it to student finance, or do I have to do something to make sure that it doesn't completely screw up? Also, I can't find the number to call Kent about this, the contact tab on the website in the "arrange your finances" section just has a url to student finance that 404s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Actually I read that stuff too and had the exact same reaction lol also what are the dates I'm meant to put on student finance site for starting dates etc. They reckon it should be in kent email but it's not clear. I was going to post the same question as you just did but decided if it was an issue loads of others would surely have noticed. Thanks for asking it :tongue:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I feel like this is something that applies to everyone who is using student finance for fees etc.

After looking through my student finance a bit, I found that we should be getting our maintenance grants and loans on the 30th of September, so we should have them in time to pay for the first term split of the accommodation fees. Which then begs the question why we get our money on the 30th sept, but kent don't get theirs until 16th of October.
I can't access my correspondence page though, it's stuck in a login loop, I login, it redirects to my account, I click my correspondence and it goes to the login page again. Kinda hard to get anything out of a website that keeps redirecting me to the login page.
Heck, I just tried logging in and after entering the security answer thing it sent me straight back to the login page.

Ok, so after trying 3 different browsers I finally got it to work, didn't get much more out of it though.

And for starting dates, we go there on 21st or 22nd, term starts on the 30th of September.
Reply 3
Ok, I just got this email from the income office:

"Good morning
The payment dates on our web site are only relevant if you are paying the tuition fees yourself. If you are getting a tuition fee loan from Student Finance we accept payments as specified on your Student Finance information.

With regards to the accommodation payments you have the first two weeks of term to pay and this should be in line with you receiving your maintenance loan.

Kind regards,

*name withheld from forums for privacy*"

So no need to worry about the dates that SF are paying the fees. ^.^
And that means we have until 14th of October to pay for our accommodation. (13th or 14th, not 100% sure)

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kritya
Ok, I just got this email from the income office:

"Good morning
The payment dates on our web site are only relevant if you are paying the tuition fees yourself. If you are getting a tuition fee loan from Student Finance we accept payments as specified on your Student Finance information.

With regards to the accommodation payments you have the first two weeks of term to pay and this should be in line with you receiving your maintenance loan.

Kind regards,

*name withheld from forums for privacy*"

So no need to worry about the dates that SF are paying the fees. ^.^
And that means we have until 14th of October to pay for our accommodation. (13th or 14th, not 100% sure)

Ahh thabks :smile: thats good to know :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending