The Student Room Group

Re-applying for student finance after course change

I'm in a pickle with student finance. I changed courses from year 1 to 2 (still at the same uni) and this has messed up my student finance. I didn't realise I would have to re-apply as a new student due to my course change so it is still processing for the current academic year. I am having trouble filling out the following questions on the PN1 form

Section 2 question c 'Have you ever had any other loans from the Student Loans Company Ltd (SLC)' Would this be yes or no since I did have student finance and received a loan when I was in year 1 of my original course, but this is still the same overall loan and I haven't started paying it back?

Section 4 question b1 'Course start date (month and year)' Would that be the date I started my original course or the date I began my 2nd year on my new course (this September)?

Section 5 question a1 'Have you started an undergraduate or postgraduate course of higher education in any country since leaving school? Tick YES even if you did not complete the course.' Self-explanatory... but I'm not sure whether this would be a yes or no since I'm still technically on my first undergraduate course even though I changed programmes. Thank you!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Alexcorfieldxo
I'm in a pickle with student finance. I changed courses from year 1 to 2 (still at the same uni) and this has messed up my student finance. I didn't realise I would have to re-apply as a new student due to my course change so it is still processing for the current academic year. I am having trouble filling out the following questions on the PN1 form

Section 2 question c 'Have you ever had any other loans from the Student Loans Company Ltd (SLC)' Would this be yes or no since I did have student finance and received a loan when I was in year 1 of my original course, but this is still the same overall loan and I haven't started paying it back?

Section 4 question b1 'Course start date (month and year)' Would that be the date I started my original course or the date I began my 2nd year on my new course (this September)?

Section 5 question a1 'Have you started an undergraduate or postgraduate course of higher education in any country since leaving school? Tick YES even if you did not complete the course.' Self-explanatory... but I'm not sure whether this would be a yes or no since I'm still technically on my first undergraduate course even though I changed programmes. Thank you!

Hi Alexcorfieldxo,

If you have received a loan from us before you would answer yes to this question. You would also say yes to section 5.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending