The Student Room Group
Reply 1
have you checked if the uni is recognized by the GMC?
there are many European med schools, that are recognised and aren't in a developing country. May i redirect you to Malta, Milan, Prague, Spain (if you can afford it), Poland, Hungary etc
Reply 2
Original post by E=mc२
Hello ,
Just wondering if you guys know of the quality of medical school in Sudan . I want to apply to the University of Medical Sciences and Technology . I am not Sudanese and I do not speak Arabic . Anyone know of someone studying in Sudan as an International Student ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless you currently live in Somalia or some other nearby country I can't really understand why you'd willingly go to Sudan for med school - especially when you don't even speak the language.

Sudan is one of the poorest countries in the world...what do you think the quality of education and healthcare there is going to be like?

Just...why? :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by shashy
the war torn African country?
have you checked if the uni is recognized by the GMC?
there are many European med schools, that are recognised, and aren't in a 3rd world country. May i redirect you to Malta, Milan, Prague, Spain (if you can afford it), Poland, Hungary etc

It is recognised by the GMC actually . I have looked at Bulgaria and Romania in Eastern Europe. I am applying to Sudan , Bulgaria and Romania .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I don't know about med schools in Sudan, but I do know that med schools in Nairobi are quite good even unis in uganda! if your looking at the east africa region
Sigh.
Are you sure you haven't exhausted your options towards getting into, ahem, 'better' medical schools? Even if the quality of education were as good, which is isn't, the region is exceptionally unstable and dangerous for Western visitors. I don't know if you're based in the UK or not, but if you are, it is common place for hostage taking to occur.

The capital, where the school is based, is safer than surrounding regions (particularly the South) but it is by no means assured to be safe.

Furthermore, you don't speak the language which will make things even more difficult. In addition, upon graduating, you may find that the foundation programme has changed (seems to be heading in that direction) meaning you may not be able to enter FY1 training here, making your degree useless in the UK until you get some other form of basic training.

Think carefully.
Reply 6
Original post by E=mc२
It is recognised by the GMC actually . I have looked at Bulgaria and Romania in Eastern Europe. I am applying to Sudan , Bulgaria and Romania .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
I have see you comment and I was wondering if you could offer a health with my ordeal. I am looking forward to study medicine in Sudan, Bulgaria or Romania? I am more keen to study in Sudan as I could speak Arabic well and their degree is accepted by GMC in U. Thanks very support

Kind Regards,
Ismail
how about swaziland?
Reply 8
Expensive and also language difficulties
Reply 9
It might be easier to redo your A levels to improve your grades if you can't then a medical degree isn't for you so get real! Prifathro
Original post by Prifathro
It might be easier to redo your A levels to improve your grades if you can't then a medical degree isn't for you so get real! Prifathro

Why are you resurrecting such an old thread to make a snobbish comment?

Latest

Trending

Trending