The Student Room Group

Would I get student finance?

I recently arrived in the UK as an evacuee. I got accepted into UoM as a home student so I decided to apply for student finance. My application was denied as I hadn't been living in the UK for 3 years prior to starting my course. I tried to appeal their decision saying that the case is special and stuff. I'm waiting on their response, Is there any way they will change their decision?

Extra info: I'm a British citizen and an adult
Original post by lama11224
I recently arrived in the UK as an evacuee. I got accepted into UoM as a home student so I decided to apply for student finance. My application was denied as I hadn't been living in the UK for 3 years prior to starting my course. I tried to appeal their decision saying that the case is special and stuff. I'm waiting on their response, Is there any way they will change their decision?

Extra info: I'm a British citizen and an adult

Hi there,

What is your Home Office status, if you have one?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

What is your Home Office status, if you have one?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

I am a British citizen.

Thanks
Hi,

I am a British citizen.

Thanks

Hi there, Where were you living? How long were you living there? Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Where were you living? How long were you living there? Thanks, Angela

Hi, I lived in Sudan for around a year then arrived in the UK in April of this year.
Hi, I lived in Sudan for around a year then arrived in the UK in April of this year.

Hi there, What was the reason you were living in Sudan for a year? Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending