The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Accommodation at The University Of West London 2013?

I applied though clearing for Psychology with foundation year. Now I'm stuck without accommodation and I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? :frown: I don't know what to do :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I applied for Business with finance through clearing as well now, i can't find accommodation as well.
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
I'm also having this problem.
I've just got off the phone literally five minutes before posting this and was told that the waiting list for paragon is too high to really bother applying for it.
However, the woman said that a new accommodation, a series of student flats based in south Ealing, has just been posted up to the West London website.

It's still a little confusing to me, but from what I can gather students rent out the rooms together and split the rent/bills. So for example: a 2 bed flat can be shared between a configuration of 2-5 students, the rent is £316 per week, making the price between 158-63 pounds each depending on how many students actually stay there.

If this is wrong please tell me as like I said, it's a little confusing.

I'm currently looking for people to share one of these flats with now, so if anyone's interested please let me know :smile:
Reply 3
I'm interested in sharing a flat
Reply 4
I've got a place at the Stay Club in Willesden, and I need a roommate. We'd be literally sharing a room, but the rent's £129 which isn't too bad, cheaper than Paragon at least.
If anyone needs a roommate please call me on 07450253387. I'm so desperate as I'm starting next week :/
Reply 6
Has the accommodation at south Ealing been sorted out? Can anyone confirm if we, as student are supposed to find our own flatmates? Or does the university take care of searching for flatmates for us?
Reply 7
Original post by loun80
Has the accommodation at south Ealing been sorted out? Can anyone confirm if we, as student are supposed to find our own flatmates? Or does the university take care of searching for flatmates for us?

When you have a confirmed place at the university whether this be conditional or unconditional they send your info across to paragon which is a private company that deals with halls. Unless you are a nurse in which case you can apply for a different set of halls, if you phone the one stop shops number they can give you a lot more info (it will be on uwls main website). Then you create a profile on the paragon website and make an application for 2014-2015 halls. I've made an application but haven't heard anything back yet but they said when I phoned that they don't normally start the processes till the final halls payment of the residence living there now has been made; which is normally the end of March to the start of April. So they should be starting to give out hall placements very soon. I hope this has helped.
Reply 8
Original post by loun80

if you're talking about the housing village, I emailed asking this and they said that you can apply as a singleton and be put into a house with a group :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by amyhelen94
if you're talking about the housing village, I emailed asking this and they said that you can apply as a singleton and be put into a house with a group :smile:

I also emailed to ask this, yet they recommend new students go to Paragon but personally I prefer the housing village and plus when I rang they said it's not prioritised for first year students because returning ones are more likely to know who they want to share with. So now I really don't know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending