The Student Room Group

UEA MBBS Medicine With Foundation Year. 2014 Entry.

Hi

Couldnt find UEA thread for this course. only found 2013 applicants. So thought lets get one started.

I think their entry requirements have changed - from reading 2013 applicant thread they need BBB. For 2014 they need ABB :bawling:.

Im going to be predicted BBB. I do have extenuating circumstances, recovering from multiple bleeds in my head 1 and half year ago. I could get ABB predicted, but i think its going to be wishing on a star really.

Reckon i have a chance?

Going to apply Southampton BM6 and Nottingham Foundation year aswell.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Am also applying for those three universities plus Manchester foundation year. The number of places they offer is scary.
Reply 2
Original post by bushra
Am also applying for those three universities plus Manchester foundation year. The number of places they offer is scary.

I was looking at that too but they want just one science subject. I have Maths and Bio and Chem :frown:
Reply 3
So am I, I've done Psychology, Bio, Chem & Maths. I got ABCC at AS and I think I will be predicted the grades needed for UEA. The annoying thing is Idk where to apply for other than Nottingham(which is where I live),UEA and Southampton. I also got an annoyingly 'low' UKCAT score, i say low in quotation marks because that was a personal best for me.

Does anyone know where else to apply for someone who has done sciency subejcts (I know Manchester&Bristol won't take me, nor will Durham/Kings since I live in Nottingham :frown: )
Also, does anyone know what UEA are looking for? Do they prefer a good personal statement over high predicted grades?
Reply 4
Original post by legend786
I was looking at that too but they want just one science subject. I have Maths and Bio and Chem :frown:

Oh ****, they require only one science?!? I never knew that :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Aijahs
So am I, I've done Psychology, Bio, Chem & Maths. I got ABCC at AS and I think I will be predicted the grades needed for UEA. The annoying thing is Idk where to apply for other than Nottingham(which is where I live),UEA and Southampton. I also got an annoyingly 'low' UKCAT score, i say low in quotation marks because that was a personal best for me.

Does anyone know where else to apply for someone who has done sciency subejcts (I know Manchester&Bristol won't take me, nor will Durham/Kings since I live in Nottingham :frown: )
Also, does anyone know what UEA are looking for? Do they prefer a good personal statement over high predicted grades?

Im applying to Nottingham, and southamptonand UEA courses. For the foundation courses there isnt a cut of value but they look for skills needed to be a doctor other then grades.

So id say statement must be good and interview.

I think thats most of the uni's you can apply for because i exhausted that route, if your predicted AAB hull and york will consider you - it says on their website, (did my research).

Look into mediapathways course. Im applying for their 2 year Biomed degree so worst comes i dont get into Foundatin med i can do Biomed in 2 years and 4 years post grad med. So still become a doctor in 6 years just like foundation courses.
Reply 6
Original post by bushra
Oh ****, they require only one science?!? I never knew that :frown:

Yup double checked.

" Applicants who have an A2 subject combination that includes Chemistry and a second science (Maths, Biology or Physics) are not considered for the Foundation Year.

Applicants who have an A2 subject combination of Maths, Physics and Biology are not considered for the Foundation Year. "

Source (http://www.mms.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/mbchb6year/index.aspx?code=01430&pg=3)
Reply 7
Im applying to Nottingham, and southamptonand UEA courses. For the foundation courses there isnt a cut of value but they look for skills needed to be a doctor other then grades.

So id say statement must be good and interview.

I think thats most of the uni's you can apply for because i exhausted that route, if your predicted AAB hull and york will consider you - it says on their website, (did my research).

Look into mediapathways course. Im applying for their 2 year Biomed degree so worst comes i dont get into Foundatin med i can do Biomed in 2 years and 4 years post grad med. So still become a doctor in 6 years just like foundation courses.

Hi, thanks for replying. Would Hull/York consider me for the 5 year standard course? The only problem is I remember reading something on their website about having an A in Maths GCSE ( I got a B, narrowly missing an A) :angry: I will definitely call and inquire. I've never heard of mediapathways. I'll be sure to look them up. Good luck and thanks a lot.

PS: I know Leeds have an ''Access to Leeds'' thing, where grade requirements can be lowered to ABB(A in Chem)- providing you meet the eligibility criteria.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
what did hull York say will they consider you with a grade b
Finally found this bloody thread, I just want to know if anyone's got any interviews for this yet I haven't even heard from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by confusedbengali
Finally found this bloody thread, I just want to know if anyone's got any interviews for this yet I haven't even heard from them

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think we will get anything until next year Feb (check that one!)

Did you get a form you have to fill out?
No I didn't get anything yet just an email saying they got the application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha
No I don't think we will get anything until next year Feb (check that one!)

Did you get a form you have to fill out?

Damn I forgot to quote you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by confusedbengali
Damn I forgot to quote you

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL woops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone received a confirmation email to say east anglia has received their forms and evidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone received a confirmation email to say east anglia has received their forms and evidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah theyre probably busy processing the info plus don't forget it's holidays
Reply 16
anyone got in anything yet?
Original post by ilovechem
anyone got in anything yet?

nope not from east anglia :frown:(
Reply 18
Hi

Couldnt find UEA thread for this course. only found 2013 applicants. So thought lets get one started.

There's one here thats been up but its quite slow compared to other foundation year threads, any way to combine the two threads?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2409291

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
nope not from east anglia :frown:(

ok :frown: anything from anyone else then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending