The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Uni Accommodation Sutton Bonnington HELP

I've been guaranteed a place on campus, parent paid the initial 2 week down payment on time with her card but then they asked for the first term rent a while ago now (They offered me accommodation, they also wanted 2 signed versions of their tenancy agreement passport pics,2, proof of address and a guarantor ..None of which I've done yet, because you need to pay for first term) haven't paid the first term rent as they requested, (Family finance issues) my mum has this idea of waiting until I've been paid student loan to pay the first month.

I'd just like to ask is it something I have to do now (Bare in mind CRM offered me accommodation on the 22nd and asked for a reply within ten days lol) Would it be possible to just wait until we actually get to the uni and sort it out then, or is it something I have to do now ?

Also bare in mind the agreement between myself and my mum is that accommodation fees will be paid through my card (Instalments option...But CRM want first term fees as I mentioned above now)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by StudyingHelp
I've been guaranteed a place on campus, parent paid the initial 2 week down payment on time with her card but then they asked for the first term rent a while ago now (They offered me accommodation, they also wanted 2 signed versions of their tenancy agreement passport pics,2, proof of address and a guarantor ..None of which I've done yet, because you need to pay for first term) haven't paid the first term rent as they requested, (Family finance issues) my mum has this idea of waiting until I've been paid student loan to pay the first month.

I'd just like to ask is it something I have to do now (Bare in mind CRM offered me accommodation on the 22nd and asked for a reply within ten days lol) Would it be possible to just wait until we actually get to the uni and sort it out then, or is it something I have to do now ?

Also bare in mind the agreement between myself and my mum is that accommodation fees will be paid through my card (Instalments option...But CRM want first term fees as I mentioned above now)

Give them a ring on Monday. If you're not able to pay it up front they should be able to work something out, but might still require something up front, just as a guarantee that you'll actually turn up to start living there.

The University has hardship funds that you could apply for which are either interest-free loans or grants, but they will require that you speak to the accommodation provider first to try and work something out, so give them a bell and see what they say :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DarkWhite
Give them a ring on Monday. If you're not able to pay it up front they should be able to work something out, but might still require something up front, just as a guarantee that you'll actually turn up to start living there.

The University has hardship funds that you could apply for which are either interest-free loans or grants, but they will require that you speak to the accommodation provider first to try and work something out, so give them a bell and see what they say :smile:

Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending