The Student Room Group

CUKAS Application 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JohnAnthony15
I live in Glasgow haha! :smile: Im really looking forward to the auditions now haha just practicing everyday! How long do you practice for a day?

Wow, you're pretty much next door compared to me! I know, I'm getting really excited about it now, I can't wait! I suppose it depends on how long I get to myself, if I manage to find a free practice room at school I stay in there until my next lesson or until someone kicks me out, at which point I go and find another practice room and continue until my lip dies :biggrin: at home it's slightly different, I'll either find myself with a block of a few hours in the day or just leave my sax on the stand and grab 5 minutes wherever I can! What about you? How long have you been playing for?
Original post by Anonymouso
Wow, you're pretty much next door compared to me! I know, I'm getting really excited about it now, I can't wait! I suppose it depends on how long I get to myself, if I manage to find a free practice room at school I stay in there until my next lesson or until someone kicks me out, at which point I go and find another practice room and continue until my lip dies :biggrin: at home it's slightly different, I'll either find myself with a block of a few hours in the day or just leave my sax on the stand and grab 5 minutes wherever I can! What about you? How long have you been playing for?

Well, at school, I can manage around 2 to 3 hourse thanks to free periods and when i have music in school anyway haha At home i can manage a little more maybe 3 to 4 but one of those hours is just scales and scale exercises. I have been playing for about 5 years. Yourself? Do you go to any junior conservatoires?
Reply 22
Well, at school, I can manage around 2 to 3 hourse thanks to free periods and when i have music in school anyway haha At home i can manage a little more maybe 3 to 4 but one of those hours is just scales and scale exercises. I have been playing for about 5 years. Yourself? Do you go to any junior conservatoires?

4 years and no, I don't, although I would have loved to :frown: do you play anything else?
Original post by Anonymouso
4 years and no, I don't, although I would have loved to :frown: do you play anything else?

Yeah i play clarinet and piano :smile: Do you play anything else? Who is your teacher at the moment?
Reply 24
Yeah i play clarinet and piano :smile: Do you play anything else? Who is your teacher at the moment?

A bit of piano, but that's only a recent thing. So was the sax your first instrument or did you start the others first?
Reply 25
I'm only applying for RWCMD for acting through cukas, and the rest without cukas.
I haven't applied yet, I didn't know the deadline was soon, I can only find the music deadline on the website. When is it?
Reply 26
Original post by ninecrimes
I'm only applying for RWCMD for acting through cukas, and the rest without cukas.
I haven't applied yet, I didn't know the deadline was soon, I can only find the music deadline on the website. When is it?

January for acting: http://www.rwcmd.ac.uk/undergraduate_courses/acting/how_to_apply.aspx best of luck!
Reply 27
Thats good, I panicked and thought I was going to miss the deadline hahaha.
Thank you! You too x
Original post by Blackbird_
I'm so scared lol! But I'm trying to remind myself that "anything you can imagine you can achieve" and all that. Snap, my nerves often get the better of me but I'm trying creative visualisation and that seems to be helping :smile: have you received any audition dates?

I just received my first from RCS. Its on the 12th November. I'm kind of getting excited now and just trying to stay positive. :-D
How about you?
Applying to Trinity and Birmingham for Jazz.

Tough choice and this is my second gap year, I got an offer from LIPA and Goldsmiths last year, so if anyone wants some advice then just send me a DM.

Re-applied because studying jazz for four years seems much more beneficial but each to there own. Theres no guaranteed with music.

Also I wouldn't read into it too much, theres some horrible stories about applying to Conservatoires, theres some competition (obviously) but more than not it's probably going to be a pleasant audition. Prepare, play your best, what more can you do?
Also Conservatoire applicants are dropping each year even though the acceptance rates are the same, so try and stay positive.
Reply 30
Original post by Claree
I've just got an audition date for Guildhall. :biggrin:

Good luck! When is it?
How long in advance are auditions? I haven't memorised my monologues yet, so I'm scared to apply and then have it really soon.

Also, is anyone applying for uni's too through ucas?
Original post by Claree
I've just got an audition date for Guildhall. :biggrin:

Ooh I just recieved mine yesterday :biggrin:
Got my first audition date for rwcmd. Now just to wait for the rncm!
Reply 33
Original post by Claree
Thanks :smile: It's 19th November. I haven't started learning one of pieces yet for the audition!

I'm applying for uni as well (just Cambridge so far, I haven't added any other choices yet to the UCAS form).

I've sent off my ucas form, but I haven't even set up a cukas account yet. Did you do cukas through school?

Got my first audition date for rwcmd. Now just to wait for the rncm!

Good luck :smile: When is your audition for rwcmd? I'm applying there too.
Original post by ChocolateLover94
I just received my first from RCS. Its on the 12th November. I'm kind of getting excited now and just trying to stay positive. :-D
How about you?

I've finally gotten all the dates apart from manchester :frown: am started to look forward to them rather than being terrified thank god! where's your first choice if you have one?
and also, does anyone know what we're supposed to wear to these music auditions? I presume concert dress but maybe its not as formal...
I've finally gotten all the dates apart from manchester :frown: am started to look forward to them rather than being terrified thank god! where's your first choice if you have one?

I've received all of mine now :-D I feel so much more relaxed now.
I'm not sure I think Royal Academy. What about you?

and also, does anyone know what we're supposed to wear to these music auditions? I presume concert dress but maybe its not as formal...

I think something you can comfortably perform in that isn't too casual.
Original post by ChocolateLover94
I've received all of mine now :-D I feel so much more relaxed now.
I'm not sure I think Royal Academy. What about you?

I think something you can comfortably perform in that isn't too casual.

Yeah its great to know the actual dates, gives you something more solid to work towards :smile: and its great that they get back to you before christmas! I'd love to go to guildhall, but i dont think i have a hope in hell, wasnt even going to apply there originally.
yeah you're right, important to actually be able to play in what you're wearing! thanks for getting back to me on that one :smile: Best of luck with all your auditions, I'm sure you'll be very successful!
Yeah its great to know the actual dates, gives you something more solid to work towards :smile: and its great that they get back to you before christmas! I'd love to go to guildhall, but i dont think i have a hope in hell, wasnt even going to apply there originally.
yeah you're right, important to actually be able to play in what you're wearing! thanks for getting back to me on that one :smile: Best of luck with all your auditions, I'm sure you'll be very successful!

So true :-) It's alright.
Thansk :biggrin: Good luck to you aswell :-) Ive got my first one in 9 days :colondollar:
Reply 39
Original post by Claree
I'm applying to RAM, RCM, RNCM and Guildhall for violin. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OOH good luck! What's your repertoire?

Quick Reply

Latest