The Student Room Group

CUKAS Application 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChocolateLover94
So true :-) It's alright.
Thansk :biggrin: Good luck to you aswell :-) Ive got my first one in 9 days :colondollar:

how did it go? best of luck for the rest of them! i auditioned at RCS the other day, didnt get in :frown: but onwards and upwards! I have to stay positive for the rest of them :smile:
Original post by Blackbird_
how did it go? best of luck for the rest of them! i auditioned at RCS the other day, didnt get in :frown: but onwards and upwards! I have to stay positive for the rest of them :smile:

It went well :smile: I was so nervous my legs started shaking in the first round but I felt much better in the 2nd round.
Yeh gotta stay positive x
did they tell you why or give any feedback? When's your next audition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It went well :smile: I was so nervous my legs started shaking in the first round but I felt much better in the 2nd round. Yeh gotta stay positive xdid they tell you why or give any feedback? When's your next audition? Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great man, well done. No, no feedback, they said that they aren't allowed to give feed back, for legal reasons or something. At least I know what mistakes I made and therefore what bits to work on. Next audition's on tuesday at guildhall, I'm not even nervous because I know I haven't a chance in hell! What about you, when's your next one? Xx
That's great man, well done. No, no feedback, they said that they aren't allowed to give feed back, for legal reasons or something. At least I know what mistakes I made and therefore what bits to work on. Next audition's on tuesday at guildhall, I'm not even nervous because I know I haven't a chance in hell! What about you, when's your next one? Xx

That's annoying. Still gotta stay positive.

Mines on Tuesday aswell but for Trinity. They have a written paper so really nervous about what'll be in that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile:That's annoying. Still gotta stay positive.Mines on Tuesday aswell but for Trinity. They have a written paper so really nervous about what'll be in that.Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope tuesday went well for you! How was the paper, trinity have an essay section I believe? I'm sure you were well able to do it. My guildhall audition was horrendous, just have trinity and rncm left :smile: how many have you left?
Hope tuesday went well for you! How was the paper, trinity have an essay section I believe? I'm sure you were well able to do it. My guildhall audition was horrendous, just have trinity and rncm left :smile: how many have you left?

Yeh the audition went well I got through to the 2nd round. The paper wasn't too bad.
Oh no what happened?
I've just got RAM and Guildhall left x
Really really nervous about the RAM essay paper I've heard it's really difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh the audition went well I got through to the 2nd round. The paper wasn't too bad.
Oh no what happened?
I've just got RAM and Guildhall left x
Really really nervous about the RAM essay paper I've heard it's really difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done thats great. I'm really nervous about the trinity paper, glad to hear its not too bad. Nothing terrible happened, was just really nervous! havent heard back yet. Have you got a while to prepare for RAM and Guildhall? Dont worry about the paper too much, I heard its mostly just to gauge academic ability so that if you get a place they can tier academic classes.
Well done thats great. I'm really nervous about the trinity paper, glad to hear its not too bad. Nothing terrible happened, was just really nervous! havent heard back yet. Have you got a while to prepare for RAM and Guildhall? Dont worry about the paper too much, I heard its mostly just to gauge academic ability so that if you get a place they can tier academic classes.

Oh okays 😊
RAM is on the 4th Dec and Guildhall is on the 11th. So just over a week :s
Yeh hopefully I'll just see how it goes :smile:
When's your Trinity audition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
has anyone heard from birmingham conservatoire yet?
Original post by singer

I didn't audition there but I think they usually reply two weeks after the audition. How long ago did you audition?
Reply 50
I didn't audition there but I think they usually reply two weeks after the audition. How long ago did you audition?

I heard last night! I got guaranteed unconditional with scholarship! Sooo happy :smile:
Original post by singer
I heard last night! I got guaranteed unconditional with scholarship! Sooo happy :smile:

Congratulations 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by singer

My brother is applying and has been awarded an unconditional offer with a scholarship.

Also has an offer from the Royal Welsh and is still waiting on RNCM (which is first choice).

EDIT: It says guaranteed conditional actually - but I think that's because they ask for 2 Es and with his AS grades he's already going to get those. Not sure if I've interpreted it correctly, can anyone shed any light for me?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
My brother is applying and has been awarded an unconditional offer with a scholarship.

Also has an offer from the Royal Welsh and is still waiting on RNCM (which is first choice).

EDIT: It says guaranteed conditional actually - but I think that's because they ask for 2 Es and with his AS grades he's already going to get those. Not sure if I've interpreted it correctly, can anyone shed any light for me?

On CUKAS it will detail the 'Conditions of Offer' where it'll state what you need to do to meet the conditions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unconditional Reserve from Trinity, pretty happy but still half gutted that I am now waiting for someone to drop out! (Which might not happen)
Original post by Grizzly_Bear
Unconditional Reserve from Trinity, pretty happy but still half gutted that I am now waiting for someone to drop out! (Which might not happen)

I received a Conditional Reserve from RCS (My principal forgot to send off my reference). Still waiting for three other replies. It's scary to think your future rests on someone else's decision 😳
Have you applied anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received a Conditional Reserve from RCS (My principal forgot to send off my reference). Still waiting for three other replies. It's scary to think your future rests on someone else's decision ������
Have you applied anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you saying that they gave you a reserve because of the references? (I hope not... because I'll need to double check with my referee if they sent them off)

Yeah It's a bit of karma I think for me though, as I had an offer last year and I sat on it... rather then declining it.

I also applied to Birmingham. (Both Jazz, double bass)
Nothing from Birmingham yet.
Original post by Grizzly_Bear
Are you saying that they gave you a reserve because of the references? (I hope not... because I'll need to double check with my referee if they sent them off)

Yeah It's a bit of karma I think for me though, as I had an offer last year and I sat on it... rather then declining it.

I also applied to Birmingham. (Both Jazz, double bass)
Nothing from Birmingham yet.

Yeh they did it says under Conditions of Offer on CUKAS that they need my references and then they'll upgrade my offer.

Oh okays hopefully someone will dropout 😊
Which one do you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh they did it says under Conditions of Offer on CUKAS that they need my references and then they'll upgrade my offer.

Oh okays hopefully someone will dropout ������
Which one do you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wheres the Conditions of Offer bit on CUKAS?
I have an Unconditional Reserve, so surely I have no conditions? (Confused)

Really tough choice, both looked amazing, so either.
Just rechecked, I don't have any conditions just depends on someone else dropping out etc

I suppose I can't make my decision on track until I hear from Birmingham as well? (I.e over first and second choice?)

Quick Reply

Latest