The Student Room Group

CUKAS Application 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Has anyone heard from RWCMD yet?! It's been nearly 4 weeks since I auditioned and I need them to reply so I can accept my birmingham offer! Seems to be taking them a long time :confused:
Reply 81
I know a few people who got offers at end of last week so shouldn't be long now. Keep checking - good luck.
Original post by singer
Has anyone heard from RWCMD yet?! It's been nearly 4 weeks since I auditioned and I need them to reply so I can accept my birmingham offer! Seems to be taking them a long time :confused:

Hey, I got my official acceptance letter on Friday, but, CUKAS updated on Wednesday. I guess no news is better. :smile:
Reply 83
Is anyone still waiting to hear from RNCM - seen on here and other forums that some offers have been made a week ago and then yesterday? Would've thought that the conservatoire was shut now for the hols :frown:
Original post by Grizzly_Bear
Found out I got a scholarship from Birmingham!

That's great well done, what do you play? :smile::smile: I've got a scholarship from Birmingham as well; so excited!!
Reply 85
Is anyone else struggling to choose between offers?! I can't decide between RCS or guildhall! I've got a scholarship from RCS and they seem very keen to have me up there!! But is it crazy to turn down guildhall? I've applied to music college for 3 years and this is the first year I've had any proper success. Also got a scholarship from Birmingham but I've heard bad things about it and haven't had any interaction from them at all. I've got consultations planned for both RCS and guildhall so I guess I'll just see how they go. Anyone else in this situation? L x
Reply 86
sorry Lornamary, I don't know that much about the situation and can't help you with your question. :frown:
I have another question though, perhaps someone here can help me: I applied for CPP at RCS and its the first time that I have used CUKAS -> I don't really get it. When can I expect a change of status when logging in to track the progress of my application? Or does it simply mean that I am not considered for audition when the gap with 'audition date' is left empty? I know its only been three weeks since the deadline but as I have absolutely no experience with this system (I'm an overseas applicant) I am a little worried that I misunderstood an important detail...
Also it would be awesome if there were other current or former CPP or acting applicants that could tell me a few words about auditioning (well, assuming that my application is fine and I'm just too worried). Auditioning for acting here in Germany is a very demotivating and destructive thing but some of you said that the jury was very relaxed and not mean at all which gives me hope!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by singer

What was your audition like? I have mine tomorrow, I'm so excited but also nervous hahaha x
Reply 88
Has anybody applied for the BEd course at the RCS?

Quick Reply

Latest