The Student Room Group

The difference between Software engineering and Computer science

Hey everyone. :biggrin:
So i have this dilemma i hope you have the solution to. I know i either want to apply to either software engineering or computer science however i don't really know the difference between the two. Can someone please help me with this as i am very confused at the moment :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by 1235
Hey everyone. :biggrin:
So i have this dilemma i hope you have the solution to. I know i either want to apply to either software engineering or computer science however i don't really know the difference between the two. Can someone please help me with this as i am very confused at the moment :confused:

Don't know the difference but CompSci is more respected.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=difference+between+software+engineering+and+computer+science
Depends upon your target segment of the job market.

For commercial IT software engineering is preferable. For gaming, scientific computing and image/graphic manipulation computer science is more attractive.

The grey area in between includes (non-exhaustively) firm ware, imbedded product software and algorithm optimization in things like data warehousing / business intelligence.

Decide where you want to pitch in the job market and then review the core and optional modules in courses and do not rely exclusively on the titles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending