The Student Room Group

BSc Computer Science or BSc Software Engineering

What is the difference between these two? And which between these two degrees do most of the employers expect? Suppose I want to be an app developer and then later maybe in the far future wanna switch to another job related to programming only. Which degree would be the best?
Reply 1
Best thing to do is check the respective modules provided by a university and it will be clear. Software Engineering will put more emphasis on the application and development of the programme while Computer Science will include that but be more varied and include other more theoretical concepts, maths and things such as AI etc. Whichever route you take won't matter much as in the me industry experience is seen as more valuable.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Astray666
Best thing to do is check the respective modules provided by a university and it will be clear. Software Engineering will put more emphasis on the application and development of the programme while Computer Science will include that but be more varied and include other more theoretical concepts, maths and things such as AI etc. Whichever route you take won't matter much as in the me industry experience is seen as more valuable.

Oh yeah that's what I've been checking on. The modules provided by a university. Idk but also I feel like many employers prefer having a BSc computer science degree and since software engineering degree seems new, it isn't much recognised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending