The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

squirly
Absolutely. A big difference between getting off with someone and getting someone off. Great fun :biggrin:

What does "getting off with someone" mean then? :confused:

Getting someone off = giving them an orgasm
Getting off with someone = orgasming together

.... is how I've always heard it.
Argh getting off is vague too: could mean a kiss, sex, whatever...
Reply 22
I've always known it as:

getting off with someone = pulling
getting someone off = giving them an orgasm
Reply 23
seziex87x
^^^^^ditto in devon

Well I'm from the same town as you and pulled means sex to me.

Otherwise, why would you be getting your coat if you've pulled? Running away from the person you've just snogged? :biggrin:
Reply 24
blissy
Well I'm from the same town as you and pulled means sex to me.

Otherwise, why would you be getting your coat if you've pulled? Running away from the person you've just snogged? :biggrin:

In that cheesy crappy line (which no-one ever uses!), then it means sex. But in every normal every day conversation I have, it just means kissing.

Oh, and "getting off with someone" is kissing them.
Reply 25
Getting off = kissing
Pulled = this doesn't actually have to mean kissing, "pulling" can be just when you get chatted up/get some attention.

If I've kissed someone I would always later describe it like "I got off with X last night".
Yes I thought pulling could mean either you've attracted them (with the possibility of kinky stuff happening) or you've properly kissed.

This is so confusing... whatever you do don't try and define slang by using more slang though! lol.
Reply 27
Hm, from what I witnessed, pulling in the US means sleeping with someone, and in the UK, it means kissing someone.
Reply 28
Dude
I know what you mean. When I talk to Americans over MSN and say "She was so fit", they ask "What, you mean like Arnold Schwarzenegger?"

LOL I have a few americans in my class too and they now say fit rather than hot.
But they had the same confusion too.
Reply 29
Dude
I know what you mean. When I talk to Americans over MSN and say "She was so fit", they ask "What, you mean like Arnold Schwarzenegger?"

LOL I have a few americans in my class too and they know say fit rather than hot.
But they had the same confusion too.
I think I get the gist. I usually mean kiss when I say I just pulled X.
Bismarck
Hm, from what I witnessed, pulling in the US means sleeping with someone, and in the UK, it means kissing someone.

Americans don't use the term
Reply 31
Clemy
my mum says it means sleeping with someone.

You asked your mum about it?:confused: :redface:
Reply 32
It means a "proper kiss". I.e Not a peck on the cheek, mouth to mouth, ya'know.

Probably with tounques, not necessarily.

"Got off" means pulled but i think is something you say more at school.

"Out on the pull" generally is inferred to mean looking for a one night stand, rather than looking to pull. Confusingly.

I think a pull is a kiss, it doesn't matter who initiated it. Both persons "pulled".

However you don't "Pull" a girlfreind. A pull only occurs between two single people, or people who have no previous relationship with each other.
Reply 33
Well where I am, "you've pulled" simple means you've got the girl. A girl you've been flirting with all night and you've won her over (for lack of a better term).
Ting-Ting
'pulled' always mean snog for me.

Since we're on that subject...if you pulled someone, does that mean they kissed you first or vice versa? (or does it not matter?) To me, if I 'pulled' someone, then that means they made the move on me (ie. i have seduced them to make them make the first move, therefore i have 'pulled' them)

My bf thinks that if i pulled someone, then i would have initiated the kiss. Yeah its all a bti complicated.:rolleyes:

Why are you pulling people if you have a boyfriend? Then talking to him about it? Not wise unless you're in an open relationship :p:
I'd say if you pull someone you've 'snogged' but it really depends who you say it to, some people will assume you mean sex.
Reply 35
snog: what a delightful word!
Reply 36
Lucyvet2006
Why are you pulling people if you have a boyfriend? Then talking to him about it? Not wise unless you're in an open relationship :p:

Hehe we were discussing whetehr i pulled him or he pulled me when we first got together (yes...we were very bored). I didnt mean it like i'm going around pulling guys behind my bf's back!:smile:
Haha, this is weird! was just talking about this the other day with my friends! the poll was:
Getting chatted up: 1 (shes so innocent :rolleyes:)
Kissing: 4
Sex: 1 (but shes a nympho! lol)

i agree with the kissing opinion :smile:
Reply 38
lol~!
its crazy slang! even the variations betwen areas in the uk!

haha me and my mates say .... no way that choco cake was fit! haha xx
Reply 39
Dude
:toofunny:

Glad I have a lot of English people on my MSN who I can ask stuff like this. :biggrin: TSR and MSN = more educational* than school.

*when it comes to every day life

Latest

Trending

Trending