The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Film and Television Production Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've got an interview coming up and I was just wondering how the 'presentation/pitch" part of it works, they said in the interview letter that they ask we bring an idea to pitch in 5 minutes - do I need to have like a full on presentation with me or can i just speak to them?

Original post by Nick Cage
Well I was interviewed by Simon, who I now know to be a fantastically wonderful human being (!). He was fair but slightly intimidating (but that might have just been me). Ed braeman is pretty intense, but really has best interests in mind. Andrew higson is a sweetheart. Duncan is Scottish and really down to earth, kind of like ed but slightly more easy going. I'm not 100 % sure who actually does the interviewing or what their styles are like, but really I think they just want to see if you're vaguely creatively capable, and whether you're a nice person. :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Kat1876
Hi, I've got an interview coming up and I was just wondering how the 'presentation/pitch" part of it works, they said in the interview letter that they ask we bring an idea to pitch in 5 minutes - do I need to have like a full on presentation with me or can i just speak to them?

I just spoke to them. I know people who did more, but I don't think it's totally necessary, they just want to know you can think of new ideas and present them in a coherent way! Also don't stress too much about the interview, I was completely terrified but as long as you have a genuine passion for the subject it'll very likely come across with what you say :smile:
i'm planning to take admission in York Film and TV course this year..can tell me how is York university?is it good to have good student life and get good academic knowledge(practical wise)?
Original post by chipskylark
Hey, I'm a third year doing Film and TV. It's a really great, hands on course and I fully recommend it. The main reason it's not as well-known is because it's so new - the first cohort only just graduated.
Feel free to message me any questions :smile:

I'm planning to take admission in York university this year..how is York university?is it good to have a good student life and good academic knowledge(practical wise)?how is the campus and the area around?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending