The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Anyone applying for the New Paramedic Practice BSc 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by XLynseyBX
No way! Awww man now I'm worried eeeek they said they haven't issued any offers yer on the phone grrr she lied! Congratulations though :smile: x

I think it was their mistake though! I applied for September intake and the next day they offered me a conditional for Jan, which I hadn't applied for, so I asked for it to be differed until September :smile: gives me a head start on getting accomm etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Emmajew
I think it was their mistake though! I applied for September intake and the next day they offered me a conditional for Jan, which I hadn't applied for, so I asked for it to be differed until September :smile: gives me a head start on getting accomm etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh Sneaky I love it!! haha Well Done though, hope and pray I'm there in Sept then! loll
Reply 22
Original post by trying hard!!
thanks :smile: what experience do you have? and do you mind if i ask how old you are? how long did the interview last? i have to get back for work lol

No not at all, I'm 32 Im a First Responder with NEAS, done that for a year now.... I've Volunteered at A&E when Hartlepool was open... I've done an Access to Health course..... did 1 year of Uni in nursing and 3 placements..... I've been on observer shifts with NEAS and I'm doing an Advance Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 course.

Just hope it's enough to get in! loll

Interview for me lasted about 15 mins as my surname begins with B, it was really relaxed and the guys were lovely. It might be a bit different but that was just me :smile: Hope this helps. Good Luck, just relax (easier said than done, believe me, i know!! i forgot where i lived when asked!! haha)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by XLynseyBX
No not at all, I'm 32 Im a First Responder with NEAS, done that for a year now.... I've Volunteered at A&E when Hartlepool was open... I've done an Access to Health course..... did 1 year of Uni in nursing and 3 placements..... I've been on observer shifts with NEAS and I'm doing an Advance Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 course.

Just hope it's enough to get in! loll

Interview for me lasted about 15 mins as my surname begins with B, it was really relaxed and the guys were lovely. It might be a bit different but that was just me :smile: Hope this helps. Good Luck, just relax (easier said than done, believe me, i know!! i forgot where i lived when asked!! haha)

That's a lot more relevant experience than me! And I got in so hopefully that makes you more confident :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emmajew
That's a lot more relevant experience than me! And I got in so hopefully that makes you more confident :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow thats lots! i am very nervous…! I'm usually not a nervous person but i just want this so badly. I'm 27 worked overseas doing various roles from outdoor instructor to sports leader to site manager, i started volunteering for red X only last october. i take care of my grandad also. so not much medical experience but i do believe i have a good range of skills which are transferable i believe. I'm doing an access course to science at the moment.

hope i come across worthy of a place :/
Reply 25
Hey, has anyone done the interview at Teesside yet? How is it roughly? And do they have a fitness test too?
Just for anyone else that's awaiting a response post-interview: I called today and we'll hear between 03 March and 31 March.

Fast_Medic
interview tomorrow nervous is not the word to describe me right now. alarm set for 4:45am got a good drive before i get there :/
Reply 28
interview tomorrow nervous is not the word to describe me right now. alarm set for 4:45am got a good drive before i get there :/

Good luck! Hope it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
As an aside: Anyone know how many places we're fighting to the death over? I know SHU has something like 29.

Good luck! Make sure you pack your swim kit for the fitness test.

... I jest.
Original post by fast_medic
As an aside: Anyone know how many places we're fighting to the death over? I know SHU has something like 29.

40. I asked them today.
Original post by Littlelegs0
40. I asked them today.

That's pretty good then.
Reply 33
Original post by Emmajew

Awwww i hope so Emma Fingers Crossed.......Trying...Good Luck!!! You'll be fine!! and Fast, Thanks for letting us know roundabout when we'll here oh and it's apparently now 50 places!!!! I heard from a friend that's on the Jan intake and overheard loll :smile: xx
well guess its just the waiting game now!!!
well guess its just the waiting game now!!!

The painful painful wait...
Reply 36
The painful painful wait...

It's killing me!!! Already affecting my sleep has been since December 5th when I had my interview! haha I just wanna know either way.

Good Luck to Everyone xx
Got an offer for Sheff Hallam, still waiting for Teesside as Tees is my first choice...
Got an offer for Sheff Hallam, still waiting for Teesside as Tees is my first choice...

well done on the hallam offer. when did you have your interview there?
i really hope i get teeside!!!!
Reply 39

Yeyyy well done I'm chuffed for you. Seems teesside like drawing this out! Lol teesside is my 1 and only choice and this wait is killing me! Just need to know either way. My nerves are shot to pieces.

Well done hun :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending