The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Anyone applying for the New Paramedic Practice BSc 2014?

Scroll to see replies

how was it?
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by trying hard!!
how was it?

It was ok the other candidates were dead friendly as were the lecturers! You have group discussions at uclan rather than 1-2-1 interviews but some interesting comments were made by everyone I really enjoyed the day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
wheres your first choice to go?
Reply 63
wheres your first choice to go?

I'll be honest, any place would be an absolute privilege you know how hard places are to come by :frown: But top choice would go to uclan. Where's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
same here any place would be amazing! but i did really like teesside. I've not been to visit the other uni's.
Reply 65
same here any place would be amazing! but i did really like teesside. I've not been to visit the other uni's.

My friend at college was at Teesside last week and said it was amazing looking forward to seeing it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
well good luck :smile: keep posted
Reply 67
well good luck :smile: keep posted

Deffo! U 2 and good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
I have an interview this Friday! I was guenuinelly excited and ready for it but after reading through this thread and realising how much experience everyone has I feel like I don't stand a chance now 😔
Original post by ZoeMac
Ha same places for me except Swansea! Uclan say it's the middle of April before fates are known. Eep. Was the maths test at Teesside similar to uclans? I applied before the deadline :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi zoe.

Hope you don't mind me asking how was the interview at uclan? was the maths test hard? x
Reply 70
Original post by DarrenHawes
I have an interview this Friday! I was guenuinelly excited and ready for it but after reading through this thread and realising how much experience everyone has I feel like I don't stand a chance now 😔

Don't feel like that Darren it's about how they feel about you as a person. They have a pretty good idea what kind of person they want. What experience and qualifications do you have?
Reply 71
Original post by XLynseyBX
Don't feel like that Darren it's about how they feel about you as a person. They have a pretty good idea what kind of person they want. What experience and qualifications do you have?

Yeah I guess soo, well that's the thing I've came from a background of engineering but I've been tied down with an apprenticeship and other technical engineering courses on top, my apprenticeship is coming to an end so it's only now I have the chance to get some experience in so I'm just waiting on hearing back from Saint John ambulance at the moment aswell as applying for more volunteering roles. I have good gcse's and college grades.
Reply 72
Original post by Littlelegs0
Hi zoe.

Hope you don't mind me asking how was the interview at uclan? was the maths test hard? x

Hey :smile: I enjoyed the uclan interview :smile: the peeps are great. The maths test I didn't find to bad if I'm honest wasn't to hard :smile: have you got an interview? When is it if u have? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by DarrenHawes

Hey Darren! You must have potential because you've been invited to interview :smile: be positive and you'll be alreet lad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The wait to hear is breaking me, fairly sure my phone will pile in if I check my emails any more times a day...
Original post by fast_medic
The wait to hear is breaking me, fairly sure my phone will pile in if I check my emails any more times a day...

In my interview pack it says that if you haven't heard within 4 weeks of interview date that unsuccessful then still being considered. Is this just a generic form for all courses as I thought they weren't making ANY decisions till after everyone had been interviewed. Do you know if this is case?

thanks
In my interview pack it says that if you haven't heard within 4 weeks of interview date that unsuccessful then still being considered. Is this just a generic form for all courses as I thought they weren't making ANY decisions till after everyone had been interviewed. Do you know if this is case?

thanks

Just the generic ones, Admissions have stated that for Paramedic Practice we will hear anytime between the beginning of March and the end of March - Last year everyone heard on the 30th of March apparently.
Original post by fast_medic
Just the generic ones, Admissions have stated that for Paramedic Practice we will hear anytime between the beginning of March and the end of March - Last year everyone heard on the 30th of March apparently.

Thanks Fast medic, I thought so but just wanted to check.

Not feeling hopeful anyway as my interview did not go too well :frown:

Is this your first year applying? I thought this was only the second intake for Teesside, the first being Jan 14, have i got that wrong?
Reply 78
This wait is excruciating!! Lol

Thus is only the 2nd intake of this year little legs.

What makes you think your interview didn't go well? When was it?

Think positive :smile:
Thanks Fast medic, I thought so but just wanted to check.

Not feeling hopeful anyway as my interview did not go too well :frown:

Is this your first year applying? I thought this was only the second intake for Teesside, the first being Jan 14, have i got that wrong?

Yeah first year of applying here, only recently came out of the Army where I was a Combat Medical Technician, been having to top up the education side of life as I've got naff all grades-wise!

And yeah, this is their second intake! Last we've heard (via this thread) is that we are competing for 50 places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending