The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Anyone applying for the New Paramedic Practice BSc 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XLynseyBX
This wait is excruciating!! Lol

Thus is only the 2nd intake of this year little legs.

What makes you think your interview didn't go well? When was it?

Think positive :smile:

I just rushed my answers to the questions and ended up talking about total wrong thing a few times :frown: I get incredibly nervous in interviews.

Gosh... If i'm up against combat medical technicians then I've no chance lol I haven't had that sort of experience.

Lyndsey and fast medic, how did you feel yours went and have you applied anywhere else?
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by revron77
Had my interview today, actually writing this from the local travellodge.

Teesside is awesome! I think I did well on my interview, but the area of the unknown is killing me. I think Ill go into arrest if I get rejected lol. But I have high hopes.

Also a lot of the other applicants were awesome, great people and so chill. I pray to God that this time next year I get to work alongside everyone I met, such a great bunch!

TEESSIDE - 2014!!!

hi,
did they say when you would hear? the wait is killing me i am sooo impatient! well done on the interview have you applied anywhere else? any interviews?
Reply 82
Original post by fast_medic
Yeah first year of applying here, only recently came out of the Army where I was a Combat Medical Technician, been having to top up the education side of life as I've got naff all grades-wise!

And yeah, this is their second intake! Last we've heard (via this thread) is that we are competing for 50 places.

They told me on thursday it's 40 places :frown: also no news is good news they said when I asked as they will shortly fill the places with the top scorers :smile: hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZoeMac
They told me on thursday it's 40 places :frown: also no news is good news they said when I asked as they will shortly fill the places with the top scorers :smile: hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi zoe, how did it go?
:smile:
Reply 84
Original post by trying hard!!
hi zoe, how did it go?
:smile:

Hey! :smile: it went alright I think it's hard to tell they don't give anything away lol! But I answered the questions the best I could so now it's just the waiting game all over again.... Haha! Eek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
They said that if we heard in a week we would probably be rejected. After this week we are probably on the list.

Coventry is my last interview, so heres hoping :biggrin:

There were 300 applicants, 100 are accepted and its 50% on getting in on September, if you dont get in, you are moved to the 2015 list. So the stats are good!

Yeah that's what they told me too :smile: what's did u think of teesside?! I thought it was amazing. Huggeeee! I got lost on campus lol :smile: did u have a good day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They said that if we heard in a week we would probably be rejected. After this week we are probably on the list.

There were 300 applicants, 100 are accepted and its 50% on getting in on September, if you dont get in, you are moved to the 2015 list. So the stats are good!

Where did you find this info from as when i asked about applicants they refused to disclose?

So to clear it up in blonde terms, they interviewed 300 for 50 places?
Reply 87
Original post by Littlelegs0
Where did you find this info from as when i asked about applicants they refused to disclose?

So to clear it up in blonde terms, they interviewed 300 for 50 places?

They told me there's a 3 in 1 chance of getting on the course and there's 40 places. As it's a new course people were unaware Teesside offered the course so therefore they didn't apply. So Teesside didn't get the insane numbers like the other unis did. They will receive the insane numbers next year when it's more well known. Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
I have to say, they sold it completely! The campus is modern, the staff are awesome and the lecturers were not affraid to talk personally while in the lounge.

I am literally dying to get in, I just love it so much and everyone applying I got to talk with were awesome, I know if I do get in. I am sure the class will be great.

Funny fact, HR actually thought that a paramedic degree would get no applicants, its also the only Uni currently that has been asserted by all major paramedic organisations.

Haha yeah they told me that too, funny ain't it! The peeps on Thursday were cool too :smile: it's exciting isn't it! Although I wonder when interviews finish. Dying to find out how I've done feel sorry for the peeps that have been waiting months but not long to go now they said should know by start of April :smile: glad u had a good day! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
I believe they have 1 week of interviews left, then the entrance list starts being formed.

Awesome! Not long to go then eh. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZoeMac
They told me there's a 3 in 1 chance of getting on the course and there's 40 places. As it's a new course people were unaware Teesside offered the course so therefore they didn't apply. So Teesside didn't get the insane numbers like the other unis did. They will receive the insane numbers next year when it's more well known. Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thank you it does. Fingers crossed then :smile:
well done on the interviews people :smile: heres hoping to getting a place! if its true about if your not the list this year then you are on it next year is excellent. :smile: and i'm glad there wasn't thousands applying gives me a better chance lol.
Reply 92

So if there's no word from them within the next seven days we are in the good books? Ha Did anyone else hear this?
Is it normal I keep thinking I should of done more? I think I did very well, but I am getting doughtful...

Anyone getting this too?

I'm exactly the same :/
I feel like an animal thats got an arrow in its back, I need the news/arrow taken out

Revron77 did they ask you any clinical questions and if you don't mind me asking have you got a lot of experience?
I have got enough experience to have a good understanding of the NHSs day to day operations. - That being I have worked in cardiology and surgical wards.

For clinical questions no, they ask questions based on situations or your thoughts on things.

They care for knowledge, not how much work you have done.

Relax though, the interviewers are very nice and will give you a ton of time to talk.... just dont go on rants :biggrin:

Ive already had my interview and I was quite surprised about some of the questions they asked me. As i said before I rushed my answers which didn't help and ended up going off subject :frown:

Cant change anything now though

Best of luck!
Dont throw away your eggs, they may hatch!

Also, I thought my interview went well but the more I think I keep thinking I could of done more or didnt tackle the correct points! I think its just normal to have a lot of dought.... we all just have to wait.

And if we dont get in, its a hell of an experience for next year!

Oh god! I dread the thought of having to go through it all again next year.....too stressful!

I felt i'd done ok when i came out the interview in early feb but as times gone on i feel more and more doubtful so I guess its a normal process as many people seem to feel the same.

Plus as more and more people write about their positive experience on here at interview and various role they've undertaken for experience the doubt creeps in even more :frown:

At least you don't have long to wait!
Experience is like two people with a loaded weapon, both can potentially shoot someone with it so in that regards they are equal, however if one person know's how to use it more effectively than the other then their chances of hitting something with it are increased.

What I'm trying to say is you can have all the relevant experience in the world, if you can't articulate that experience and make it relevant to the question you are being asked then it's just a blunt instrument - don't let other peoples experiences or your lack of put you off, it's about showing what you've learned from that experience that counts.
not yet:confused:
me too. when was your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending