The Student Room Group

HELP! a-levels to choose for Speech and Language Therapy?

Hi I am new on here and am looking for some advice please, I am in year 11 and studying for my GCSEs, I am taking, Maths, English, Triple Science, Geography, Spanish, Art and Sociology. I am hoping to go to university to become a Speech and Language Therapist but I am not sure what to take at A-Level, I have decided on 5 possible subjects but I am not sure which 4 to take. I am deciding between: Biology, Maths, Psychology, English Language and Spanish. So far, I am thinking Biology and Maths for definite, but I am not sure between the other 3. I would really appreciate some advice please:-)
Reply 1
Original post by emchadwick
Hi I am new on here and am looking for some advice please, I am in year 11 and studying for my GCSEs, I am taking, Maths, English, Triple Science, Geography, Spanish, Art and Sociology. I am hoping to go to university to become a Speech and Language Therapist but I am not sure what to take at A-Level, I have decided on 5 possible subjects but I am not sure which 4 to take. I am deciding between: Biology, Maths, Psychology, English Language and Spanish. So far, I am thinking Biology and Maths for definite, but I am not sure between the other 3. I would really appreciate some advice please:-)

hey, welcome :smile: my gf is an SLT and is really loving it. She did it postgrad after doing a language degree (French) and lots of work experience. There were people on the course who did loads of different things. You might like to ask these guys on TSR who are applying this year: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2313677
Reply 2
I've applied this year for SaLT - (I've been offered an interview :biggrin:) I'm taking Biology, Psychology and English Language. These are said to be the perfect mix. Definitely take Biology as many uni's require it. Then English Language is highly regarded due to the phonetics aspect. And psychology explored disorders such as Autism and child psychology.

PM me if you want anymore info - I've picked up plenty from open days and work experience etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest