The Student Room Group

Friends with benefits?

Please keep anon as there are people I know on here.

Basically I am a 20yr old girl at uni wondering how people ACTUALLY go about finding a FWB/FB… it seems so much more taboo for girls to be looking around for this. I just got out of a relationship and am looking for fun… however it's just like I've been in a relationship for so long I actually forgot how to do this kind of thing?!
Hi! I've had two fwb (I'm 18), both quite short term, but I'd known them a while before it happened. And it was literally that- it happened. No planning, no talking about it first, it happened; after the fact we'd talk about whether it should happen again etc. So honestly, it's a case of opportunity. Be warned though- fwb don't last forever, and the friendship may end after the fwb relationship does. Good luck!
I dunno what it's like at uni, but I'm 16 and I recently had a FWB relationship. In the first week of sixth form I got talking to this hot guy in one of my classes. We talked for a while and I asked him if he was single, he said he was because he only really wants fun, so I basically asked him if he wanted to be friends with benefits, and that was it :smile: pretty easy. I'd say just go for it once you've found someone you might want to do this with, and be straight about it, that seemed to work for me.
Reply 3
Also, what about "sugar daddies" anyone tried this?
Every one I've had basically starts with getting drunk around a good friend who you're attracted to. But not too good a friend. Otherwise you'll just fall in love and that doesn't sound like what you're aiming for. Just someone you quite like the company of. If there's chemistry, it should fall into place itself. Probably a good idea to establish early that you're not committing to anything, but that's sort of implied if you're on alcohol anyway.

I don't know how you start the things sober. I expect it's probably doable, but I think it's way too awkward a thing to broach in most conversations.
Reply 5
Just get talking to a lad you reckon you would like to get your clothes off with ( and his of course ) ; and if you seem to get on / have any interests in common - just ASK if he would be interested in a FWB trial.

He'll be flattered at minimum and most males, lets be honest, aren't going to turn down an opportunity to have their trousers pulled down over their backsides by an enthusiastic female.....:smile:

But be upfront about fact that you are not looking for anything ' deep and meaningful '.

Big benefit for a male at least of FWB is that it takes care of that mind-dominating need for sex so he can sit in the library and concentrate for a good few hours on other things !
had fwb with an ex, it turned into a relationship again :facepalm:
i just suggested it to him and we met up that weekend haha, so yeah/...
Original post by Anonymous
Please keep anon as there are people I know on here.

Basically I am a 20yr old girl at uni wondering how people ACTUALLY go about finding a FWB/FB… it seems so much more taboo for girls to be looking around for this. I just got out of a relationship and am looking for fun… however it's just like I've been in a relationship for so long I actually forgot how to do this kind of thing?!

Get to know a guy > state what you want > state your rules for it (so there is not a risk of someone getting hurt emotionally) > have fun
Why do people keep resurrecting these threads from 4 years ago
Original post by insert-username
Why do people keep resurrecting these threads from 4 years ago

They find them through google searches, and then make new accounts just to post (like this gentlemen here). The irony is that this thread was back in 2013, and she won't be in Uni anymore, with probably every STD under the sun.
Reply 11
So, how does this works???? what are the rules???
Look on tinder
Reply 13
One of my mates is on Universal Credit.
Original post by Carlosbarros06
I am Here, FWB My age is 19 you want to meet up txt me 07399054660

Big mistake bro, never post your personal info in public. :colone:
Hi you both decide on the rules. You are the female and you make the rules if he does not agree to them don't go there.. young guys are the worst as they will always try and break the rules. Have you ever thought of fwb with a sugar daddy, you still make the rules but you get more than just great sex out of it. think about it and if you wish to try this let me know by text 07922068501

Latest

Trending

Trending