The Student Room Group

Introducing GoNutrition® - A letter from the Founder

Scroll to see replies

Original post by In One Ear
WTF that infographic is useless. In my any instances it has the same thing in all three of the "good", "conflicting" and "none" categories...WTH is that supposed to mean??

When you hover over the name of the supplement, it also mentions the supplement's relevance to a particular health issue.

For example, there is strong evidence backing fish oil / omega 3 for heart disease, but evidence for its efficacy to improve child intelligence is conflicting.

I fail to see what you find confusing about it. It shows how many supplements out there aren't worth a dime according to the available research.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cowsforsale
When you hover over the name of the supplement, it also mentions the supplement's relevance to a particular health issue.

For example, there is strong evidence backing fish oil / omega 3 for heart disease, but evidence for its efficacy to improve child intelligence is conflicting.

I fail to see what you find confusing about it. It shows how many supplements out there aren't worth a dime according to the available research.

An opinion is like a penis, its nice you have one but dont force it down people's throats.
If you dont like the site then why post on their thread?

Anyway, im looking to buy whey and a multi-vitamin supplement; im looking for a sweet non cholate based flavour, any recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloodbath
If the product isn't better (i.e the taste can be made better) than the other bulk powders then what's the point? Without innovation its just a case of whose better at marketing

True.

The Protein Works changed the game when they launched back in 2012 with flavours of protein that people had never seen before. Now, other companies are jumping on and introducing exotic flavours.

The marketing is a very good point, particularly with the branded products. Smaller retailers simply cannot match the prices of the giants. It comes down to marketing and pricing. If a retailer cannot afford to host amazing deals, low prices, and expensive PPC and forum marketing, the future will look bleak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by DorianGrayism
Your the founder of myprotein.co.uk?

Hi,

Yes that is correct. You can read an overview of my history here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/olivercookson

Also this gives a little more in-depth detail: http://gonutrition.com/community/blog/life-before-myprotein-part-one/

Thanks, Oliver.
Reply 24
Original post by commandant
Use someones discount code to help them out and you'll get 250g for free too :smile: Then pass your code onto others, simples :smile:

This is correct. Anyone wanting to give our products a try, please use the code JAAPRW and you will receive 250g of our best-selling Go Whey Protein 80 in your first order. Simply visit http://gonutrition.com and enter the code at the checkout.
Reply 25
Original post by commandant
Not spam.

Go Nutrition offer very good value products, and some of the deals they have had to date have been awesome. They price match on their products and have some great flavoured protein.

They've only been around for a few months but seem to be a very nice, competitive brand in the supplement industry. I would recommend them.

Their protein cookie is going to be featured in a protein cookie comparison video which will be released shortly :smile:

edit: Bloodbath - Considering Oliver started on a £500 overdraft, and sold Myprotein for 60million - I think it's fair to say he knows what he's talking about :wink:

edit again! - Have a read of this article . GoNutrition offer up to £15.00 for each customer referred. That's a huge amount and the largest on the market at the moment. Refer a few gym buddies, friends and family and you won't be paying for supplements anytime soon.

Thanks for the kind words.
Reply 26
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I'll try it out when I run out of protein. Also good job on the business side of things, you must be rolling in it by now.

Great - let us know how you get on! :smile:

Oliver
Reply 27
Original post by Bloodbath
If the product isn't better (i.e the taste can be made better) than the other bulk powders then what's the point? Without innovation its just a case of whose better at marketing

We believe we have improved the offering to the consumer. Take a look below the specifics.

Why are we better and\or different?
This is a good question and one I have been asked countless times already. When I came up with the idea of MYPROTEIN®, it was a revolution, something fresh and unique. Of course now there are literally 100’s of other options to buy your supplements from. What I set out to do with GoNutrition® is look at all the areas of our offering and improve it. GoNutrition® is an evolution and I believe takes nutrition to the next level. There is so much to write about what improvements we have made so please take a moment to read the details on our site below.

http://gonutrition.com/value
http://gonutrition.com/premium-quality
http://gonutrition.com/real-results
http://gonutrition.com/total-innovation
If you dont like the site then why post on their thread?

I didn't realise a discussion forum was only for those with opinions you agreed with.

Original post by Nvmthename
An opinion is like a penis, its nice you have one but dont force it down people's throats.

Wait, I post three times in this thread (of which two were in response to questions) yet you think I'm forcing my opinion down others' throats?

By the way, you are an incredibly unfunny person (at least from gleaming your profile and seeing that **** analogy).
(edited 10 years ago)
I didn't realise a discussion forum was only for those with opinions you agreed with.

Wait, I post three times in this thread (of which two were in response to questions) yet you think I'm forcing my opinion down others' throats?

By the way, you are an incredibly unfunny person (at least from gleaming your profile and seeing that **** analogy).

Thats nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Hi

Does anyone have any further questions about GoNutrition® or supplements in general? We are here to help. :smile:

Thanks, GN.
Original post by GoNutrition
Hi

Does anyone have any further questions about GoNutrition® or supplements in general? We are here to help. :smile:

Thanks, GN.

Why did you sell myprotein just to start up another supplements website?
I don;t think 99% is an exaggeration. Considering most outlets sell hundreds of products and the only one worth purchasing is creatine.

Who needs 4000 calories or 300 grams of protein?

My main problem is the boast about not having any investors and spending millions to create top of the range stuff, yet still needs to prey on the uninformed and/or ignorant.

Disappointed in tsr for allowing this marketing ****e to filter through too.

Do you class whey, oats, oils etc as supplements or meal replacement?

I need 4k a day. I struggle to eat this when I'm on my feet in a hospital (often skipping lunch) for 8-9 hours of the day. Without 2xwhey+oats+oil I wouldn't be able to.

I agree most don't have any evidence (which is why I don't use them) apart from creatine, b-alanine (maybe) and then the rest is just food you can drink.
Reply 33
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Why did you sell myprotein just to start up another supplements website?

Hi

Thats a good question and one I am asked a lot. In short I missed the industry hugely. I am totally passionate about it and I believe I can still add lots of value to the industry and improve it. I expand on the answer below:

http://gonutrition.com/about-us
http://gonutrition.com/community/blog/myprotein-to-gonutrition/

Thanks, Oliver.
Hi

Thanks, GN.

Atm I order from whomever is the cheapest when I want to order. Last few orders have been alternating between Maxiraw and myprotein.

What do you do to get my business?
Price match? Price match-a few%?

Crazy deals to get people ordering from you at big discounts to hope for future return business?

Also, my latest order was a glitch in myprotein where I got 5kg flavoured whey for only £20. Would you honour a deal like that if your site glitches? Or would you take the loss of face and cancel all the orders? I've seen companies do both and would like to know how you would decide tbh. It could be interesting. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Motorbiker
Atm I order from whomever is the cheapest when I want to order. Last few orders have been alternating between Maxiraw and myprotein.

What do you do to get my business?
Price match? Price match-a few%?

Crazy deals to get people ordering from you at big discounts to hope for future return business?

Also, my latest order was a glitch in myprotein where I got 5kg flavoured whey for only £20. Would you honour a deal like that if your site glitches? Or would you take the loss of face and cancel all the orders? I've seen companies do both and would like to know how you would decide tbh. It could be interesting. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

We hope our overall proposition is enough. We offer best value, best packaging, best customer care, amazing all natural flavours, scoops included, huge range and innovative products. We do guarantee to be lowest priced as well.

We do also offer amazing deals - sign up to our newsletter in the footer of our site.

We would honour any price on our site. We did this recently when we wrongly priced 5kg of oats for the price of 1kg and honoured all the orders. It was our mistake!

Use code JAAPRW to get 250g of whey free on your first order as well. Be great for you to give us a try! :smile:

Thanks, Oliver.
Hi

We hope our overall proposition is enough. We offer best value, best packaging, best customer care, amazing all natural flavours, scoops included, huge range and innovative products. We do guarantee to be lowest priced as well.

We do also offer amazing deals - sign up to our newsletter in the footer of our site.

We would honour any price on our site. We did this recently when we wrongly priced 5kg of oats for the price of 1kg and honoured all the orders. It was our mistake!

Use code JAAPRW to get 250g of whey free on your first order as well. Be great for you to give us a try! :smile:

Thanks, Oliver.

Sounds good tbh. Next time i'm looking i'll definitely heck you out if you guarantee to be lowest priced.

Very nice. Wish i'd got some cheap oats now.
Reply 37
Original post by Motorbiker
Sounds good tbh. Next time i'm looking i'll definitely heck you out if you guarantee to be lowest priced.

Very nice. Wish i'd got some cheap oats now.

Sounds good - let us know! :smile:
http://gonutrition.com/pure-mass
20% off, I feel like i've robbed them in some manner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I remember the first time I bought from my protein, was bana flavoured protein, tasted like sick lol

the second was a fair improvement on chocolate but I've always found chocolate whey tastes more malty than chocolatey, I'd love to have one that literaly tastes like a blended bar of galaxy or similar lol.

good job on the websites though, I enjoy hunting for the best price I can find on whey and myprotein was always a pretty good contender in that department so I'll check the website at somepoint!

also duno if you mentioned it but is delivery free to northern ireland? lol I hate that "free deliver**"

somewhere later on a different page.... "*exludes northern ireland"

that alone has actualy put me off websites before, amazon doesnt **** around with that regard.

Quick Reply

Latest