The Student Room Group

Introducing GoNutrition® - A letter from the Founder

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by LukeM90
I remember the first time I bought from my protein, was bana flavoured protein, tasted like sick lol

the second was a fair improvement on chocolate but I've always found chocolate whey tastes more malty than chocolatey, I'd love to have one that literaly tastes like a blended bar of galaxy or similar lol.

good job on the websites though, I enjoy hunting for the best price I can find on whey and myprotein was always a pretty good contender in that department so I'll check the website at somepoint!

also duno if you mentioned it but is delivery free to northern ireland? lol I hate that "free deliver**"

somewhere later on a different page.... "*exludes northern ireland"

that alone has actualy put me off websites before, amazon doesnt **** around with that regard.

Hey

Our flavours are really great. Flavour technology has moved on a lot since 2004. They all taste amazing! Have a look at the reviews. We only use natural flavourings as well.

Our free delivery INCLUDES Northern Ireland as well. :smile: Just takes a few extra days for the economy service.

Cheers, Oliver.
Reply 61
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Just picked myself up 6kg of it. Christmas present to myself taken care of :biggrin:

Excellent let us know what you think! :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Rational Thinker
I am impressed. Any advice you would give on how to be sucessful both in and outside of business?

Thanks for the kind words.

Such a big question. One mantra I stick too is "fear is a liar". Also the classic "luck is a dividend of sweat".

In short work hard and believe in yourself and your business.
Reply 63
I don't want to get involved in the forum politics, but I am sorry not been received well by all, but hopefully we haven't been too spammy. I was just trying to explain the business and why we are better\different.

It is of course a "sponsored thread", but hopefully you guys will find something useful in it. :smile:

Cheers, Oliver.
Reply 64
Original post by GoNutrition
Hey

Our flavours are really great. Flavour technology has moved on a lot since 2004. They all taste amazing! Have a look at the reviews. We only use natural flavourings as well.

Our free delivery INCLUDES Northern Ireland as well. :smile: Just takes a few extra days for the economy service.

Cheers, Oliver.

ah good, well a few extra days is to be expected, cant grumble with that!,

I'm actually in a position to be buying some new supplements very soon so I'll take a look!

thanks for the reply
Excellent let us know what you think! :smile:

I bought the maple syrup pure mass, really impressed with the taste and content.
Would buy again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
The thing is, this can be beneficial for both sides when done right which I think it is atm.

Who benefits though?

The supplement company for being allowed to dish out supplement advice and boost their sales for money?
Would you let a GSK rep a platform to discuss drugs or someone from Marlboro to give out tips on quitting smoking?

TSR for endorsing it, thus lessening their credibility as a source of information for uninformed individuals?

Those who were already wanting to purchase supplements certainly have benefited, but what about those who didn't know better, viewed this thread (+1000) and are now lulled into thinking they need supplements (and most likely tell others) ?

Obviously I understand I'm bias as hell as the giant stack of go nutrition samples in my log will tell you but I still think it's good. I can also see why you don't want more advertisements. What would you do if you were TSR?

Either don't allow it in the first place, or restrict them just to make their pitch and answer specific questions on their business (e.g delivery, customer service, promotions) and not on actual products.

With social media being as inclusive as it is these days, you could also invite a sports dietitian/supplement researcher with no corporate ties to do a q+a too...

If you are partly responsible, then just say. No one's going to chop your balls...

It is of course a "sponsored thread", but hopefully you guys will find something useful in it. :smile:

Yet, you've been free to promote your ****e on many other threads...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45488041&highlight=
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45438063&highlight=
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45398250&highlight=
Original post by cowsforsale
Who benefits though?

The supplement company for being allowed to dish out supplement advice and boost their sales for money?
Would you let a GSK rep a platform to discuss drugs or someone from Marlboro to give out tips on quitting smoking?

TSR for endorsing it, thus lessening their credibility as a source of information for uninformed individuals?

Those who were already wanting to purchase supplements certainly have benefited, but what about those who didn't know better, viewed this thread (+1000) and are now lulled into thinking they need supplements (and most likely tell others) ?

If you are partly responsible, then just say. No one's going to chop your balls...

AS a user i've benefited. I got my questions answered and some free samples sent out. Not got around to having one yet though...

I'm not actually part of the process at all . It's the Community Team that are, (Captain Jack etc) but they don't allow just anyone on. Probably neither GSK/Marlboro.

I think most people will just see this as another protein supplier tbh and won't think about the other supplements of variable necessity.
Reply 69
What's the difference between GoNutrrition and MyProtien? I mean in terms products for sale, price, customer service etc...
I think most people will just see this as another protein supplier tbh and won't think about the other supplements of variable necessity.

Stop assuming everyone else is like you.

Consider how many supplements companies are out there and thriving, selling the same stuff but packaged differently, don't you wonder how many ignorant people are falling for their gimmicks?

Heck, this is the guy's 2nd stab at it (maybe even 3rd, I remember someone saying the owner of TPW was also the owner of MP).
The funny thing is that every time somebody posts to rant about GoNutrition advertising here, the thread pops up on the homepage and hundreds of people who other wise wouldn't, see 'GoNutrition'.
Reply 72
Really good prices, will check it out.

I don't understand these bitter idiots though, piss off if you don't like it.
Original post by 2ndClass
Really good prices, will check it out.

I don't understand these bitter idiots though, piss off if you don't like it.

When people start comparing a sports supplement company 'advertising' in the fitness section to a cigarette company advertising, you know people are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
Reply 74
Original post by Nvmthename
I bought the maple syrup pure mass, really impressed with the taste and content.
Would buy again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you like! That is a top selling flavour. :smile: It is a full and sweet flavour, but certainly is a good one. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by Maccees
What's the difference between GoNutrrition and MyProtien? I mean in terms products for sale, price, customer service etc...

That's a fair question. We have aimed to improve every area where we can. Take a look at the OP and that should give you a good overview. Anything specific just ask! :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by cowsforsale
Heck, this is the guy's 2nd stab at it (maybe even 3rd, I remember someone saying the owner of TPW was also the owner of MP).

Hi - GN is my second business, the first being MP.

That is mis-information. I was the sole Founder of Myprotein. The guys at TPW were 3 of my Directors who came on-board in 2009/10. I Founded MP in 2004.

Cheers, Oliver.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 77
why buy from go nutrition when myprotein is cheaper and has more quantities?
Original post by KingGym
why buy from go nutrition when myprotein is cheaper and has more quantities?

Not sure on prices. I thought they were similar but from my samples I'd say gn kicks ass taste wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Not sure on prices. I thought they were similar but from my samples I'd say gn kicks ass taste wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I buy protein for gainzzz not for taste.

Quick Reply

Latest