The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Transferring/Applying to York

Hi, im currently extremely unhappy with my current university, so back in September i emailed York (as well as a couple of other Universities) to see whether i could transfer. York told me to apply through UCAS, but i'm just confused on what to do! Do i need to write a whole new personal statement or is there a different way in which to apply for a transfer, considering that i will have done my first year at my current university before i transfer.
Thank you for any help :smile:

*Maybe i should mention that i wish to carry on the same degree once i transfer, haha
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I can't answer your question but let me tell you, York is amazing. On a hot summers evening, it is just the nicest place in the world.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Jjj90
I can't answer your question but let me tell you, York is amazing. On a hot summers evening, it is just the nicest place in the world.

Ah, don't say that i wish i was there now! :tongue:
Reply 3
Believe me, you will definitely fall in love with York! It's a fantastic place and extremely beautiful! In fact, I was studying math at Uni of York. However, because of believing too much in league table, I transferred to Lancaster to study finance. I can't believe I did that. I think I just ruined my life!!

Anyway, please cherish your second chance and good luck!
Reply 4
I transferred from another uni, and i love York!

you basically have to apply through UCAS, and where it says "entry point" you would put 2 for 2nd year instead of 1 for 1st year.

unfortunately if your application is anything like mine you'll only find out if you can transfer into 2nd year once an offer arrives. i was basically told over the phone i might be able to get a 2nd year transfer if there was space, but when i got my offer it ended up being for 1st year so i've basically redone the year here. don't regret it though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending