The Student Room Group

Your experiences of rejection? Have you ever been rejected?

Rejection is usually the main reason people are don't act on their crushes, but it can't be that bad right?

What are your experiences?
Original post by Nyheter
Rejection is usually the main reason people are don't act on their crushes, but it can't be that bad right?

i got rejected indirectly (found out from someone else they didn't feel the same way), wish they'd have been more upfront and honest with me but it's good to know they didn't want to hurt my feelings. but i can handle it :smile: upset for the rest of the day, but i find it pretty easy to pick myself back up. after getting rejected i find it easy to get over it

the reason i'm not acting on my crush atm is i don't want to make things awkward, i'm happy with how things are atm
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nyheter

No, it isn't that bad. I think people only feel badly about rejection because they have built it up inside too much or something, like if you were into someone for ages and never even hinted at it.

Otherwise, to be honest, it is just like when you ring a mate and ask him to go for a pint and he says he is busy - mildly disappointed cos you could have fancied it but at the same time, oh well, maybe next time.

Apart from when I have been drunk and made a tit of myself and deserved it, nobody has ever been rude or awkward if I have asked them out or whatever and they gave it a bodyswerve.
Never been rejected :smile:. Maybe because I've never asked out a girl :K:. Oh..
I've had a friend for quite a while now (2 years or so) and I liked her when I first met her but as she lives quite far away knew it was not an option, so was very happy just being friends. Then this month things have gotten flirty after she found out I was seeing someone. So after I stopped seeing the other girl I told my friend about my feelings - she does not feel the same but still wants to remain friends so both good and bad. It hurt to hear it but I am pretty much back on my feet after a few days :smile:
Reply 5
This should be a long thread. Pretty much everyone suffers this, even absolute babes (or the male equivalent), since they seek to play in a higher league. For normal folk it is frustratingly common and dating is about both effort and a lot of resilience.
It can get pretty bad but I imagine the pain of never having the courage to try is worse.
Even if you looked like <insert attractive male/female celebrity here> you'd still get rejected on occasion because everyone has a different perception of what is attractive, both in terms of looks and personality.

It's better to try and fail than not to try at all.
Reply 8
Ive been rejected and/or friend zoned before. The first time the girl made one of her friends tell me that she wasn't interested. I prefer up front people who aren't wimps and have the guts to tell me personally.
been rejected a few times (in fact every time, 0 out of 2 for me). the problem with being in schools is that a lot of gossiping and negative attention can be the reason why people don't act on crushes.
Reply 10
Original post by andrew2209
been rejected a few times (in fact every time, 0 out of 2 for me). the problem with being in schools is that a lot of gossiping and negative attention can be the reason why people don't act on crushes.

I've experienced that first hand. Know exactly what you mean. The other persons friends can literally destroy your chances or indeed make them. Thankfully, you can still strike lucky and people mature somewhat in uni.
Reply 11
Rejection is awful, espescially if you had something before and then suddenly BOOM, they disappear from your life without a word. you wanna know whyyyyyy at leastttt
Reply 12
Never been rejected because I've never asked anyone out

Might get rejected early January though, from Cambridge... :cry2:
I'd rather be rejected by a potential partner than from my favourite uni. It physically hurts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending