The Student Room Group

Possible to Recover Snapchat Photo

Can this be done (on iphone)? I've googled it but all the info is a bit old.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by abw123
Can this be done (on iphone)? I've googled it but all the info is a bit old.

A word of warning about snap chat, I've seen apps that allow people to save a picture without the other person knowing. Don't know if they work though...
And no, I don't think you can, didn't you set a time limit?
Reply 2
Theres a few methods to do this on an iPhone.

1) - If your handset is Jailbroken, You can install "iFile" from Cydia, All snapchat images/videos stay in a temp folder within your phones file system, you can only however accesses this with a jailbroken handset with iFile Installed.

2) - There is an App called "SnapHack" that will also let you do this on a regular handset that has not been jailbroken. - I think it costs 69p, I haven't however tested this method.

Have fun with your nudes. :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by KieranDJ
Theres a few methods to do this on an iPhone.

1) - If your handset is Jailbroken, You can install "iFile" from Cydia, All snapchat images/videos stay in a temp folder within your phones file system, you can only however accesses this with a jailbroken handset with iFile Installed.

2) - There is an App called "SnapHack" that will also let you do this on a regular handset that has not been jailbroken. - I think it costs 69p, I haven't however tested this method.

Have fun with your nudes. :wink:

Does 2 work with photos that have already been sent? A photo was sent a few days ago which I would like to recover.
Reply 4
Original post by abw123
Does 2 work with photos that have already been sent? A photo was sent a few days ago which I would like to recover.

No, I don't think so as from my understanding, You need to be logged into the app in order to save incoming photos. - That photo would also no longer be within the snapchat cache folder either I'm afraid.
Reply 5
No, I don't think so as from my understanding, You need to be logged into the app in order to save incoming photos. - That photo would also no longer be within the snapchat cache folder either I'm afraid.

Is there anyway to recover photos that have already been sent then without jailbreaking the phone?
Reply 6
Original post by abw123
Is there anyway to recover photos that have already been sent then without jailbreaking the phone?

Even if you did jailbreak the handset now, It would be to late. - That precious bubbie photo you cherish is gone my friend. :frown:
Reply 7
Even if you did jailbreak the handset now, It would be to late. - That precious bubbie photo you cherish is gone my friend. :frown:

I know the photo is definately still there, all data will be. It just may be the case that you need forensic software to get at it.
Dude, it's just a nude. Internet is full of naked chicks, get over it.
Reply 9
Original post by abw123
I know the photo is definately still there, all data will be. It just may be the case that you need forensic software to get at it.

I can 100% guarantee that if you have closed SnapChat down since you received that photo, It's now gone, It has a refresh process built into script, so after certain actions or amounts of time pass, the cache folder is emptied. - If it did store all of them, your handset would reach capacity in no time.

Believe me, This is coming from someone who can successfully extract both photo & video from SnapChat.
(edited 10 years ago)
I can 100% guarantee that if you have closed SnapChat down since you received that photo, It's now gone, It has a refresh process built into script, so after certain actions or amounts of time pass, the cash folder is emptied. - If it did store all of them, your handset would reach capacity in no time.

Believe me, This is coming from someone who can successfully extract both photo & video from SnapChat.

1337 haxxer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Spaghetti

Not saying that am I? - I'm just good with iOS.
Reply 12
Look up if you can recover deleted pictures, snapchat unless they changed it just deletes the picture in the normal way, so the way to recover others should work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
If you didn't back up those photos before. You can use FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. Hope it can help you. If you have backed up them to iTunes or iCloud before. You can recover them from iTunes and iCloud. Hope you solved this problem quickly.
I can 100% guarantee that if you have closed SnapChat down since you received that photo, It's now gone, It has a refresh process built into script, so after certain actions or amounts of time pass, the cache folder is emptied. - If it did store all of them, your handset would reach capacity in no time.

I have opened SnapBox to view a snap i got from my ex but it didnt load so i went back on snapchat and all of my snapchats the i 'hadnt' opened where all gone and viewed when i hadn't even opened them yet in sncapchat or snapbox. Is there any way to recover these so I can see what they were - My ex's Snap in particualr.
Any one help.... I use my snapchat camera all the time and save before ending snap as well. But I deleted a miscellaneous file called snap chat and when I went to my phone gallery..snapchat gallery wasn't there 😢 how do restire it??
Maybe you can try this way. I recover my photo via iPhone Photo Recovery.
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT : pengcock97 or rubenpaulo7
Reply 18
I lost all my snapchat pictures and videos even though it clearly said it's saved onto my memories and i logged back into my account several times to check whether it was in my memories and it was until one time it suddenly disappeared. I didn't back up the images. Is it possible to get the pictures back? Anyone please?
Reply 19
Georgem93 add me ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending