The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Offer?!

Has anyone got an offer?
I'm an international student so they said since we cannot have an interview, they would like to ask a few questions before deciding.
This is what they said:

"As the Admissions Tutor for Natural Sciences at UCL, we have received your UCAS application. After reading it, we have found your application worthy of consideration of a place on the Natural Sciences course at UCL, but we do have a few questions for you first."

Is this an offer? or almost one?

Then they asked these questions:

---
F
irstly, which two subject areas interest you most out of the six on offer here at UCL: Maths & Stats, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, and Science & Technology Studies? (This is not a commitment on your part. We are interested in this information only for statistical purposes) As a follow-up curiosity question: "which combination of stream subjects were you thinking of choosing here at UCL?"

Secondly, "what about UCL appeals to you?", and as a follow-up to this, "what appeals to you most about the Natural Sciences course at UCL?"

Thirdly, something we ask all potential students, "how do you feel about studying in a big capital city such as London?"
---

What should I say? Please help :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think this is an offer, just answer the questions as best as you can. Shouldn't be too difficult.

No-one is going to answer these questions for you. Just do them yourself.

By the way, I'm applying to Natural Sciences at UCL as well, I'm originally from London, haven't heard back yet from them. I may see you there next year, good luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by yhyungryul
Has anyone got an offer?
I'm an international student so they said since we cannot have an interview, they would like to ask a few questions before deciding.
This is what they said:

"As the Admissions Tutor for Natural Sciences at UCL, we have received your UCAS application. After reading it, we have found your application worthy of consideration of a place on the Natural Sciences course at UCL, but we do have a few questions for you first."

Is this an offer? or almost one?

Then they asked these questions:

---
F
irstly, which two subject areas interest you most out of the six on offer here at UCL: Maths & Stats, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, and Science & Technology Studies? (This is not a commitment on your part. We are interested in this information only for statistical purposes) As a follow-up curiosity question: "which combination of stream subjects were you thinking of choosing here at UCL?"

Secondly, "what about UCL appeals to you?", and as a follow-up to this, "what appeals to you most about the Natural Sciences course at UCL?"

Thirdly, something we ask all potential students, "how do you feel about studying in a big capital city such as London?"
---

What should I say? Please help :smile:

How'd it go?
Reply 3
Original post by Dhruvdwain
How'd it go?

Got an offer after the winter break. Quite pleased really :smile:
Reply 4
Congrats! What sort of answers did you put? Us UK students have our open days for NatSci in the next month or so, and will have our interviews then.
Reply 5
Original post by Dhruvdwain
Congrats! What sort of answers did you put? Us UK students have our open days for NatSci in the next month or so, and will have our interviews then.

Honestly speaking I didn't say much. Just sort of researched the UCL website and said that they had a diverse culture and I showed evidence to show that I had researched on them.
Reply 6
Original post by lawfanatic!
Hello,

Can l get into UCL to study Law? Or at least an interview?

Subjects:
1. Maths 3AB (Australian School - Second highest maths possible)
2. Economics
3. Politics and Law
4. English Literature
5. Human Biology

Experience/Community Service:
2-week trip to South Africa for Human Rights Law.
Work Experience at a Law Firm.
Volunteer at a aged care facility and write articles for the company.

Awards:
Year 11 Awards:
1. Top of the class for politics
2. Top of the class for lit.
3. Top of the class for eco

Year 12.
1. Top of the class for politics
2. " " lit
2/ " " economics

Um yeh? Lots of little awards throughout younger years of high school. And lots and lots of volunteering and community service. What are my chances? THANK YOU!

Honestly speaking I can't help you much because a) I don't know much about Australian schools b) I don't know much about the law course. However, you getting top of the classes in most of your subjects I presume is promising. How were your grades though?
Reply 7
Good. A grades through 10,11 + 12. And just met their qualifications for law. I got an 98.5% ATAR which is what you need to qualify. Is this alright? Because l know UCL is a top british university and l am quite worried. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by lawfanatic!
Good. A grades through 10,11 + 12. And just met their qualifications for law. I got an 98.5% ATAR which is what you need to qualify. Is this alright? Because l know UCL is a top british university and l am quite worried. Thanks. :smile:

Seems brilliant. You applying to oxford?
Reply 9
I have applied to UCL for Information Management for Business and I have been Invited for an open day on 29th Jan. However UCL have said they will not be interviewing me. does this mean UCL will not be making me an offer?
bump
Reply 11
Sorry. But I have no idea coz I didn't get an interview although i am an international student good luck!
Reply 12
Original post by ozackaria01
I have applied to UCL for Information Management for Business and I have been Invited for an open day on 29th Jan. However UCL have said they will not be interviewing me. does this mean UCL will not be making me an offer?

I've also got an invite for that open day, from what I can work out it's not an offer but i'd imagine the vast majority who attend will receive offers. I guess we will find out more on the day :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by Idle
I've also got an invite for that open day, from what I can work out it's not an offer but i'd imagine the vast majority who attend will receive offers. I guess we will find out more on the day :tongue:

got the same open day. but i am curious about is this only for the people who will receive their offer soon or just a general open day for all the applicants who apply to this course?
Reply 14
Yay congrats!
I'm a gap year student, got an unconditional from UCL for NatSci, so might see you there!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by justice129
got the same open day. but i am curious about is this only for the people who will receive their offer soon or just a general open day for all the applicants who apply to this course?

I think only a select amount of people get invited to the open day, I don't think it's for all applications (Although that is just a bit of assumption and that I don't see why they would invite everyone.)
Reply 16
Original post by Idle
I think only a select amount of people get invited to the open day, I don't think it's for all applications (Although that is just a bit of assumption and that I don't see why they would invite everyone.)

Does that mean we have high chances to receive offer? Cuz for other course, their invitation has make it clearly that they will receive offer very soon, whereas mine does't mention. since I haven't get any offer. a bit worry...
Reply 17
Original post by justice129
Does that mean we have high chances to receive offer? Cuz for other course, their invitation has make it clearly that they will receive offer very soon, whereas mine does't mention. since I haven't get any offer. a bit worry...

I think it's higher yes, how high I don't know.
Original post by Idle
Hi thanks for your reply. Hopefully we will get an offer
Reply 19
Original post by Idle

I'm also applying for the same course but I haven't heard from them! Haven't got an offer and haven't heard about this open day.
Now i'm really worried!!:frown::frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending