The Student Room Group

help, falling for the impossible again...

I'
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh and I'm sorry for a rather mishmashy post but I have been ill lately and my concentration isn't on top form.
Anyyone???
????
(edited 10 years ago)
Doesn't sound like there is much you can do. Somehow you need to get over this guy, because keeping the feelings will not be helpful.
Original post by DirtyHarry01
Doesn't sound like there is much you can do. Somehow you need to get over this guy, because keeping the feelings will not be helpful.

That is the problem, I KNOW I should get over him. I'm just struggling to find "the off switch" Thanks anyway.
I have absolutely Zero experience with relationships, so I might be talking rubbish, but maybe you should try and direct your mind to other things and keep him off your mind.
I have absolutely Zero experience with relationships, so I might be talking rubbish, but maybe you should try and direct your mind to other things and keep him off your mind.

No the advice you are giving is sound. And TBH it's something I haven't told anyone so it's sort of nice to talk to someone about it if it makes sense. I am friends with him and see him often so unfortunately constantly reminded. I have tried not thinking about it but it just comes out in my dreams sub consciously instead. Which is exhausting on its own.
The reason why no one is answering is because the post is silly.

Saying that I am attracted to gay guys is as useful as saying I am attracted to my car.

What magical formula do you think someone can come up on TSR to help you?
Original post by DorianGrayism
The reason why no one is answering is because the post is silly.

Saying that I am attracted to gay guys is as useful as saying I am attracted to my car.

What magical formula do you think someone can come up on TSR to help you?

I'm not hoping for a "magical formula" as you put it.

rather hoping for advice on urequited feelings in general. As in have other people been through anything similar and can tell me how they dealt with it?

granted my post isn't very clear ...
Original post by Themoonandstars
I'm not hoping for a "magical formula" as you put it.

rather hoping for advice on urequited feelings in general. As in have other people been through anything similar and can tell me how they dealt with it?

granted my post isn't very clear ...

It is clear…you are in love with a gay guy.

Something that cannot happen.

It would be like me asking advice on how to go to the moon.

To be honest, I think you have an issue. You need to ask yourself why you keep on falling in love with gay guys. This is not a problem that the majority of the female population has.
Original post by DorianGrayism
It is clear…you are in love with a gay guy.

Something that cannot happen.

It would be like me asking advice on how to go to the moon.

To be honest, I think you have an issue. You need to ask yourself why you keep on falling in love with gay guys. This is not a problem that the majority of the female population has.

Well as I previously said, when I fall for them it's before I have any idea about their orientation. I can only assume there is something in there personality that I seem to find attractive.

I'm not asking 'how do I make a gay guy fall in love with me?' That would be stupid. I'm asking how to move on. If you feel the post is stupid then don't reply....
Also "you are in love with a gay guy, something that cannot happen" is a bit contradictory isn't it...
The problem isnt about the fact that the guy is gay, its that she has unrequited feelings and wants to deal with the problem.

General advice from me
- Accept it, try and be at peace with it.
- Distance yourself a bit, make yourself more independent from him. Doesn't mean you have to abandon him but you need space to reflect.
- As I said before, put your mind on other things. Try and enjoy yourself and make yourself busy.
- Try and meet other people.

Not sure how useful this would be but I hope I helped :smile:
The problem isnt about the fact that the guy is gay, its that she has unrequited feelings and wants to deal with the problem.

General advice from me
- Accept it, try and be at peace with it.
- Distance yourself a bit, make yourself more independent from him. Doesn't mean you have to abandon him but you need space to reflect.
- As I said before, put your mind on other things. Try and enjoy yourself and make yourself busy.
- Try and meet other people.

Not sure how useful this would be but I hope I helped :smile:

Thanks I think I'm going to try and be around him a little less if possible, without him thinking that he has done something to offend me of course.
Original post by Themoonandstars
Well as I previously said, when I fall for them it's before I have any idea about their orientation. I can only assume there is something in there personality that I seem to find attractive.

I'm not asking 'how do I make a gay guy fall in love with me?' That would be stupid. I'm asking how to move on. If you feel the post is stupid then don't reply....

At the risk of being flamed into oblivion, I find that very, very unlikely.

You are very often able to take an accurate guess about somebodies orientation, from their mannerisms and actions, after knowing them for only a short amount of time.

If you would allow me to take a guess, what you find attractive is that you do not feel threatened, precisely because you know/suspect that they are gay.
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
At the risk of flamed into oblivion, I find that very, very unlikely.

You are very often able to take an accurate guess about somebodies orientation, from their mannerisms and actions, after knowing them for only a short amount of time.

If you would allow me to take a guess, what you find attractive is that you do not feel threatened, precisely because you know/suspect that they are gay.

No I get what you are saying, there are some who it is quickly obvious. The guys I have liked (only 3 ppl to be honest) it wasn't known till spending longer with them. I'm not sure but I think one of them is Bi but only rarely goes for girls. Possibly why it was less obvious. Obviously everyone is different.
And I'm talking about 17 yr olds here. One of them was not confident and first lied that he had "recently had a girlfriend" to everyone before deciding to come out.
Reply 17
Whatever you do try and concentrate all your efforts into something else and try your best not to imagine situations with this guy.
Trust me when I say that I know what you have been through because I myself am still trying to get over it and now I live with the guy, and trust me it doesn't get any easier when you put yourself in the situation of living with them.
Unrequited feelings get worse and then you start to get jealous that they don't like you in that way and the fact they are dating other people. You start to get depressed and stuff because you realise that nothing can ever happen.
If you don't want any of these feelings then listen to what I'm saying.
Sorry didn't mean to make this a long post but trust me you don't want any of this hassle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending