The Student Room Group

What are the effects of no rhyme is poetry?

does anyone know what the effect of a non rhyming poem is? really unsure
Reply 1
Original post by John Stuart Mill
it sounds like some retard is trying to write prose.

no its for English literature, any ideas?
Reply 2
It depends on many things amd it would be impossible to accurately answer your question without more info. For example the modernist movement had a huge focus on breaking free from the pre-modern traditions. For example ezra pound's "make it new" comment can be linked to the abandonment of form in the literary world.

If rhyme has been neglected in part of a poem then it may be because the poet is deliberately trying to convey ackwardness, disjointedness, etc.

Without more info it is hard to answer ur question properly.

I hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It might sound rigid as in it doesn't sound as if it's got flow to it and could sound quite monotonous, perhaps? This could reflect the mood, structure or situation of the poem; but this might not be the case since I don't know what the name of the poem is or what it's about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by damian0612
It depends on many things amd it would be impossible to accurately answer your question without more info. For example the modernist movement had a huge focus on breaking free from the pre-modern traditions. For example ezra pound's "make it new" comment can be linked to the abandonment of form in the literary world.

If rhyme has been neglected in part of a poem then it may be because the poet is deliberately trying to convey ackwardness, disjointedness, etc.

Without more info it is hard to answer ur question properly.

I hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending