The Student Room Group

Would you BUY revision notes from an A* Candidate? A2 Physics AQA Spec A.

Poll

Would you buy revision notes?

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to buy revision notes off someone with high grades in the subject in question?
I heard of this guy one year who sold his for $2844 o.O...
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/bid-battle-for-notes-leaves-cillian-2844-better-off-129503.html
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I got 288/300, 96%, unit 1 120/120 and unit 2 115/120 for AS Physics last year and even I'm predicted an A*. Here's FREE advice+resources+notes in the second post of this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312846&page=2

Doing questions really help. In there ^ I posted LOADS of exam style questions specifically for each chapter:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
No.
Being perfectly honest - your hand writing is not neat enough/some of it may not be legible enough to sell. I'm sure the quality is great, but maybe type them up or something.
Reply 4
No. I got an A* without needing anyone elses notes, there are enough free resources without having to buy anything.
No. The most useful thing about revision notes is the act of writing them - going through all your notes and textbooks and collecting together the information really helps to fix it into your mind. Just passively reading someone else's notes isn't particularly useful, unless you are revising totally last minute and don't have time to make your own.
Also, I tend to use abbreviations and skip out the 'obvious' stuff in my revision notes - so a less able candidate would probably just get really confused since half the information is missing or hard to understand.
Reply 6
Original post by The_Top_Hat
Last year I got 97% in Physics AS and I'm predicted A* for Physics A2 and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to buy revision notes off someone with high grades in the subject in question?
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to brag, I just want to know if people would buy revision notes. This isn't the place for compliments or criticisms of grades, just the OP.

You don't even have an A* yet, and from what I've seen, predictions don't mean a great deal.

Regardless, while i'm sure your notes are good, the main benefit gained from notes is through actually making them yourself.
Reply 7
Well then, I think I see the general consensus. Thanks for the input!
My mum has got her friend's daughters revision notes for me. She is an A* student two years older than me. We both do AQA maths, I don't think the notes are very helpful. Although her work are very organised, I just can't put my mind into someone else's work.

I guess that's why I got an E in maths.
Reply 9
People learn differently. In order to get the best grade possible, you need to work hard and find the best learning/revision technique tailored to yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending