The Student Room Group

AQA GCE A2 Geography Unit 3 -12th of June 2014

Had a quick look and couldn't see the 2014 A2 version of this but I found the AS version helpful last year :smile:
How is everyone finding the topics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We are just about to start Plate tectonics and Conflicts (we have to do 4 =_=).
I'm just struggling to remember key facts and case study info '_'
Hi :smile: I'm actually enjoying a2 geography! We hv completed plate tectonics and now on world cities... I'm doing those two and development and Globalisation...I prefer human to physical so I'm gonna answer a human 40 mark essay in the exam in summer...how's revision going? I'm just learning my plate tectonics stuff now :smile: how did u guys do in AS geography
Reply 3
We've practically finished Plate Tectonics and Development and Globalisation and will start Conflicts and Ecosystems soon. I'm enjoying the topics but we had a complete change in teachers which screwed us up :/ Is anyone else having to do mocks this week? I find it pretty pointless considering we haven't learnt everything yet...
Reply 4
Original post by blazekid75
I'm just struggling to remember key facts and case study info '_'

Yeah it's not great revising, but what techniques are you using?
Reply 5
Original post by Dazed.
Yeah it's not great revising, but what techniques are you using?

Well I have a mock on friday and for revision I'm doing past paper questions with notes and the mark scheme. I try to craft a good answer and learn facts while doing it, but I think i'll try and attempt to do questions without notes or help and learn back what I forget.

What about you? :confused:
Reply 6
I am struggling with A2 geography at the moment :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well I have a mock on friday and for revision I'm doing past paper questions with notes and the mark scheme. I try to craft a good answer and learn facts while doing it, but I think i'll try and attempt to do questions without notes or help and learn back what I forget.

What about you? :confused:

We're tending not to take the mocks as seriously as we would the exams but are taking it as a way to make sure we're getting on top of our revision. Mine's tomorrow.
I've made cue cards for the two topics and also made two A3 sheets where I've written out just the figures and some quotes to remember e.g. 2010 GDP PPP US$ 1774 for Italy. Now looking at the essay questions and thinking about what I might write.
It's hard though..
Reply 8
Original post by LucyQ
I am struggling with A2 geography at the moment :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your topics?
Reply 9
Original post by Dazed.
What are your topics?

Mega cities, plate tectonics, globalisation & weather

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I really hate World Cities. I think it might be the teacher or just the topics but everyone I know is having problems with it!
Reply 11
Topics: World cities,Plate tectonics, Ecosystems, Conflict..

I have a mock tomorrow on Ecosystems and World cities..attempting to 'summarise' case studies and other important stuff on A3 sheets :X
Reply 12
Topics: World cities,Plate tectonics, Ecosystems, Conflict..

I have a mock tomorrow on Ecosystems and World cities..attempting to 'summarise' case studies and other important stuff on A3 sheets :X

best of luck :smile: I have a History one then I better go over those Volcano characteristics :/
Reply 13
Original post by LucyQ
Mega cities, plate tectonics, globalisation & weather

Posted from TSR Mobile

On last year's thread people seemed to be having difficulty on weather :/
Reply 14
Original post by Dazed.
best of luck :smile: I have a History one then I better go over those Volcano characteristics :/

Thanks,and you too!
We just started place tectonics in class. For the Geog3 exam I will probably just choose ecosystems,world cities and tectonics.
btw are you doing Geog4A or 4B?
Reply 15

btw are you doing Geog4A or 4B?

I think it's 4A, we're doing about an investigation we did in the summer about psammosere succession. It's really complicated because we're two different AS groups merged to one A2 groups with none of the teachers we went on our fieldtrip with :frown:

How about you :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Dazed.
I think it's 4A, we're doing about an investigation we did in the summer about psammosere succession. It's really complicated because we're two different AS groups merged to one A2 groups with none of the teachers we went on our fieldtrip with :frown:

How about you :smile:

Doing geog 4A we went in november to study lithoseral succession.
What do you guys use to revise? I've been recommended this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Geography-Student-Book-Aqa/dp/0199135452/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top Could you guys please tell me which resources you find useful to revise from?
Reply 18
I've been making notes from the radio 4 programmes which were on last week about the MINTs as part of my globalisation and development work - It's seems very good for the essay question about whether the future and present global economy now lie elsewhere from the Asian Tigers. Jim O'Niell was the economist who came up with BRIC concept. Thought I'd let you know if anyone is interested :smile:
Reply 19
Anyone whose doing world cities do you know what this point in the specification means and what we need to learn about it?

Economic development ad change related to urbanisation

Quick Reply