The Student Room Group

AQA GCE A2 Geography Unit 3 -12th of June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniel1005
I did my whole exam on the computer today and I don't think I did but if I did put down the wrong numbers for questions (I was rushing) would the examiner use his common sense and mark the right question?

#I would think it should be fine. But it is easier to make a typo when typngn than writing (QED), and it would be disability discrimination if you were prejudiced for that. I would mention it to your head of learning support in your school college though, as they may have a view if it is worththe school putting a note in.
what kind of plate boundary was it where the earthquake occurred in japan? 1st tectonic question
Reply 1402
For anyone who done the Ecosystems structured question; what did you write for the second question asking about characteristics of an ecological conservation area? I wrote about the Central Amazon Conservation Complex but I think that's wrong :/
Original post by Kumis
It's annoying cos everyone in my college came out happy so now grade boundaries will be high. I will get an a* anyway was piss easy I got full UMS

lol
Original post by lizziec1996
I did this too about the case studies! but also used synopticity by linking to other topics.
haha i did 18 pages! but really big writing :smile: and i did my plans on the paper

Yeah I linked to every AS/A2 topic (somehow) but I think its good because it stops you regurgitating pointless facts about a case study; every case study you have is integrated and the essay flows much better (imo, but who knows? :redface: )
I should have done the weather essay. I did the tectonics one but the weather was basically all theory which seems easier to me D: I feel like I didn't do as well as I know I can which is really annoying me
Original post by Goodland
When's the exam? 1:30?

Good luck x
Original post by MobQ
For anyone who done the Ecosystems structured question; what did you write for the second question asking about characteristics of an ecological conservation area? I wrote about the Central Amazon Conservation Complex but I think that's wrong :/

I did the blue loop in Sheffield but I was unsure if I was right also, my teacher agreed with me though, it didn't say specifically on a large or small scale so they may be lenient with it
Someone in my exam asked for another booklet about an hour into the exam. I hope he was doing it in advance and he hadn't filled the 12 pages already
Just me talking about tsunamis as an impact of an earthquake? And technology being essential in reducing it's impacts (terms of deaths etc)? Only a small part of my essay but seems like it was just me who thought of it 😂

Thought that, in general, it was a pretty good exam, and good for helping towards getting an A* in it (though gonna try to ace skills paper incase, worth 20UMS more than the AS one!).
Reply 1410
Original post by GeorginaManns
I did the blue loop in Sheffield but I was unsure if I was right also, my teacher agreed with me though, it didn't say specifically on a large or small scale so they may be lenient with it

Yeah there was no mention of it having to be on a local scale, I hope I do get credit because I feel as if I have thrown away 8 relatively straightforward marks :/
Original post by MobQ
Yeah there was no mention of it having to be on a local scale, I hope I do get credit because I feel as if I have thrown away 8 relatively straightforward marks :/

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it the examiner reports I read through suggest that as long as the information is down they understand that the questions can be interpreted differently! I'm just annoyed there was nothing on succession, tropical or deciduous woodlands!
Reply 1412
Loved weather and climate essay, plate tectonics 25 marker was good island arcs a bit iffy, not sure on development 10 marker though!
Reply 1413
Original post by GeorginaManns
Honestly I wouldn't worry about it the examiner reports I read through suggest that as long as the information is down they understand that the questions can be interpreted differently! I'm just annoyed there was nothing on succession, tropical or deciduous woodlands!

Yeah hopefully all turns out well :smile: same here! I had drummed all of that theory into my head for no reason haha
:/ . I'm really annoyed. I came out of that exam thinking I've smashed it until i thought about what i actually wrote. For the Conflict 8 marker, i had to state and explain the origins of conflict..... and i said nationalism, localism and regionalism.... which is so wrong becuase it's supposed to be identity, territory etc etc.... how many marks do you think i could still pick up if any in that question? also i wrote that conflict can arise over local resources.
For the 40 marker i wrote about i did the TNC question and just talked about the the effects TNC's have host countries and countries of origin.... and talked about the economics impacts on domestic and global economy but not social impacts :/ ....although i did mention that TNC's can cause pollution and spoke a bit about China.... how many marks do you think i could've scraped anyone??
What is the opposing side to the development and security essay
Reply 1416
So happy about the tectonic essay, although I probably could have written a lot more. Everything I didn't revise didn't turn up, was so worried about this. So lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paralove
Just me talking about tsunamis as an impact of an earthquake? And technology being essential in reducing it's impacts (terms of deaths etc)? Only a small part of my essay but seems like it was just me who thought of it 😂

Thought that, in general, it was a pretty good exam, and good for helping towards getting an A* in it (though gonna try to ace skills paper incase, worth 20UMS more than the AS one!).

No worries - I spoke about tsunamis too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went fine overall I think. Not a fan of the weather short questions, definitely dropped marks on the 10 marker :s-smilie: the tectonic essay was decent though, and world cities was alright.
URGH. I didn't include any social impacts :/ Why did u speak about free trade groups? I literally just spoke about the postive and negative impacts of TNC's on host and origin countries.
Original post by Samuelnicholls
I did the TNCs 40 marker:

intro: define globalisation and TNCs, plus outline their relationship
para1: South Korean Chaebols evolving into modern day TNCs + boosting asian growth
para2: TNCs and India as a service economy
Para3: Free trade groups and TNCs
para4: Apple case study + spatial organisation
para5: social impacts
para6: economic impacts
para7: geographic impacts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending