The Student Room Group

AQA GCE A2 Geography Unit 3 -12th of June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone remember the WORLD CITIES or WEATHER AND CLIMATE questions for this exam?

They haven't been released yet.

Thank you.
Reply 1681
Does anybody know the case studies for unit 1 As Geography Edexcel? Mock tomorrow and need to learn the case studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geeensee
Can anyone remember the WORLD CITIES or WEATHER AND CLIMATE questions for this exam?

They haven't been released yet.

Thank you.

Hey!
The world cities question was about outlining the characteristics out of town retail e.g the Trafford centre and the other question was about waste/transport. You could pick either and evaluate there success!
Hope I helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hayley Williams
Hey!
The world cities question was about outlining the characteristics out of town retail e.g the Trafford centre and the other question was about waste/transport. You could pick either and evaluate there success!
Hope I helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your help! X
Original post by geeensee
Thank you for your help! X

No problem x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does any body remember the wording of the plate tectonics question asking about island arcs and trenches?
Does anybody here know where I can find a suitable case study example for the sustainable waste management section of the topic? Would be amazingly helpful if anyone had the notes or could link me to a webpage they used :smile:
Original post by JulietR
Does anybody here know where I can find a suitable case study example for the sustainable waste management section of the topic? Would be amazingly helpful if anyone had the notes or could link me to a webpage they used :smile:

I used Nairobi in Kenya as an example of a recycling scheme. It's in the aqa textbook. I also used Sheffield waste management which was in the revision guide for aqa! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys i am doing geography revision was wondering if anyone had the June 2014 paper. Or if not could they tell me what the essay questions were for the conflict part and the plate tectonics part. :smile:
what happened?!!!! do finish your woeful tale
Can anybody remember the ecosystems essay?
Or the 7 and 8 mark globalisation questions?
I've been told they were quite difficult! Thank you.
Can anyone tell me the 40 marks and/or the 25 marks that came up for Weather+Climate, Tectonics and World Cities please?

Would really appreciate it! :smile:
Hello, I've started my revision and I have very few notes and case studies on ecosystems can anyone help? If anyone could give me some examples of case studies I can use so I can do some research
Thanks
Does anybody have a copy of this paper?? UNIT 3 JUNE 2014 AQA A2. I will give reps.
Original post by MrBowcat
Does anybody have a copy of this paper?? UNIT 3 JUNE 2014 AQA A2. I will give reps.

ikr! lol i really want to know the weather 25 marks and see predict what could come up, or at least be sad that the things i really wanted to come up this year came up last year. I have no idea what came up :/
Anyone remeber the ecosystems essay????? Pleasepleasepleaseee
Original post by Elliemay97
Hello, I've started my revision and I have very few notes and case studies on ecosystems can anyone help? If anyone could give me some examples of case studies I can use so I can do some research
Thanks

Hey when we studied it we did fragile environments in which case we studied the Kinabatangan conservation project and the Danum Valley project as two different types of management.

Plus the North Yorkshire Moors as a case of human interference, they've created a mass plagioclimax there. Also Edible york as a scheme to encourage vegitation, wigan flashes is a good conservation area example as well.

You also need an urban area that may have become run down and therefore secondary succession of vegatation has occurred. We also looked at a salt marsh in lincolnshire called leverton marsh as an example of natural succession. I think we looked at a woodland area called the Blickling estate as well.

I'm planning on doing the ecosystems essay question so I like to go in with a lot of case studies so i have a lot to talk about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending