The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Two superb Wigan goals today in the live game against Rochdale has put them in command, meanwhile in the other live game Altrincham are beating Bromley 3-1
Bradford move up to 7th :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Incredible game between FC Halifax and Braintree which was 4-3 at half time and ended up 6-3 to Braintree at full time, Halfiax seem to have a real problem defensively. Well done to Kidderminster though for only winning their second game of the season.
Can't wait for North End vs Blackburn Rovers.
Come on you whites!!!
Home time against Margate to get us into the first round of the FA Trophy in two weeks time, should be a huge game.
Bigi returns to Coventry with Ben Turner rumoured to be joining him. Mowbray using dat rep to rope in the big deals.
So it will be Barnet v Newport in the FA Cup second round. Was hoping for Brackley, but still a great chance of reaching the third round.
Really excited to see what Middlesbrough do this Friday night against QPR with the match against Everton just around the corner.
Anyone know who the cheapest club is in the Football League for home match tickets?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Anyone know who the cheapest club is in the Football League for home match tickets?

According to the BBC Price of Football, Wycombe, Gillingham, Bolton and Birmingham (soz mate) all offer £15 matchday tickets.

Derby do ones for a tenner.
Original post by Mackay
According to the BBC Price of Football, Wycombe, Gillingham, Bolton and Birmingham (soz mate) all offer £15 matchday tickets.

Derby do ones for a tenner.

I was shocked to see it's over £30 at Sheffield Wednesday. I plan on seeing some matches as a neutral at grounds I haven't visited. Been to Pride Park already so no use.

Football in this country is ****ing expensive. Sheffield United is £19 I think so not too bad, still too much for FL though imo.
It cost me £30 to go watch Wednesday v Nottingham Forest recently, was shocked how steep it was, I can remember not long ago it was only £20 to watch the Wednesday.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I was shocked to see it's over £30 at Sheffield Wednesday. I plan on seeing some matches as a neutral at grounds I haven't visited. Been to Pride Park already so no use.

Football in this country is ****ing expensive. Sheffield United is £19 I think so not too bad, still too much for FL though imo.

Wednesday made headlines for their extortionate prices, yeah.

It's pretty decent a lot of big clubs with big stadiums (Derby, Bolton, Birmingham) are offering such cheap tickets.

A lot of clubs have backed the Twenty Is Plenty campaign for away fans, too.
Yeah Wednesday's prices are generally garbage - the problem being is they have this new 'flexible' category system. In short it means tickets can be anywhere from £15 to £52 depending on how the club is doing. Fortunately the system has not yet been seriously abused bar a few matches, however prices have been far from cheap but that's more of a reflection on modern football. I'm still on my self imposed exile/boycott over the ticket prices at Hillsborough.
Steve Clark set to ditch Reading for the Fulham job. That's a turn up for the books.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Yeah Wednesday's prices are generally garbage - the problem being is they have this new 'flexible' category system. In short it means tickets can be anywhere from £15 to £52 depending on how the club is doing. Fortunately the system has not yet been seriously abused bar a few matches, however prices have been far from cheap but that's more of a reflection on modern football. I'm still on my self imposed exile/boycott over the ticket prices at Hillsborough.

Anyone who pays 52 quid for a Championship game needs their head examined

Posted from TSR Mobile
Burton reject QPR advances for Hasselbaink, apparently. Interesting to see what becomes of that one.
Original post by Mackay
Bigi returns to Coventry with Ben Turner rumoured to be joining him. Mowbray using dat rep to rope in the big deals.

Difficult to see where Bigi fits in since we have an abundance of central midfielders. Turner if fit would be a huge boost to the defence which is clearly our weak point at the moment. All I can hope is that crowds go up in response to the good form and good football and that gives Mowbray more to work with financially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Difficult to see where Bigi fits in since we have an abundance of central midfielders. Turner if fit would be a huge boost to the defence which is clearly our weak point at the moment. All I can hope is that crowds go up in response to the good form and good football and that gives Mowbray more to work with financially.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got an absolute plethora of central midfielders. How is Lameiras getting on? He impressed me in parts early on this season, but haven't heard much of him since Murphy's emergence.

Quick Reply

Latest