The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex 2014 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by viriol
BTW, I'm 22 and I'll be starting a PhD in Physics in September.

Just read this. Who you doing your PhD with?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 81
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Just read this. Who you doing your PhD with?

I haven't decided yet. Right now the offer letter says Christian Byrnes + Antony Lewis, but I can still change my mind (David Seery and Mark Hindmarsh are also on my mind)... I was told I could decide later so I figured it would be better if I focused on that later, when I have the time to spend a week or two reading papers and deciding who I should prefer - it's harder when they're all nice and working on cool stuff!

Are you in the Physics department?
Original post by viriol
I haven't decided yet. Right now the offer letter says Christian Byrnes + Antony Lewis, but I can still change my mind (David Seery and Mark Hindmarsh are also on my mind)... I was told I could decide later so I figured it would be better if I focused on that later, when I have the time to spend a week or two reading papers and deciding who I should prefer - it's harder when they're all nice and working on cool stuff!

Are you in the Physics department?

Oooh... I love David Seery. He's so sweet.

Sort of. I'm taking time out from my course but this is my 3rd year as a physics student as Sussex.
Reply 83
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Oooh... I love David Seery. He's so sweet.

Sort of. I'm taking time out from my course but this is my 3rd year as a physics student as Sussex.

Cool. What are you into?
Anyone starting BA International Development in September?
Anyone studying BA International Development in September 2014?
I'm really depressed at the amount of people that seem to have got unconditionals from Sussex :frown:

I've got a conditional offer of ABB for Sociology to start in September 2014, but they've told me that if I firm them (which I have) they would be fine with it if I got BBB (I'm predicted 3 A's but I think that's is extremely unrealistic)

I'm feeling really nervous for results day and I haven't even done half my exams yet! :lol:
Original post by thatgirlbecky
I'm really depressed at the amount of people that seem to have got unconditionals from Sussex :frown:

I've got a conditional offer of ABB for Sociology to start in September 2014, but they've told me that if I firm them (which I have) they would be fine with it if I got BBB (I'm predicted 3 A's but I think that's is extremely unrealistic)

I'm feeling really nervous for results day and I haven't even done half my exams yet! :lol:

Hey, I'm starting Sociology and Cultural Studies this September (when I get my course transfer sorted).
I just got an email about being an international student and help I could get, but I'm not an international student!!! Did anybody else get this, or am I mistakenly on the list for some reason? :/
Original post by chloemily
I just got an email about being an international student and help I could get, but I'm not an international student!!! Did anybody else get this, or am I mistakenly on the list for some reason? :/

I got it too! And I'm definitely not an international student :tongue: I was going to email them and make sure it was a mistake :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an email about being an international student as well (and I am not). Think they probably sent it to everyone.
Hey

I'm doing English Literature next year. I'm excited to go to Sussex and when I went to the open day I got a really good impression from the place, but after seeing the 2014/15 university rankings from the Guardian - Sussex is 43rd - I can't help but feel a little taken aback. I know the league tables have to be taken with a pinch of salt and don't mean everything, but I was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts about it? Why would a seemingly very good university come so low?
Original post by Lemongrabb
Hey

I'm doing English Literature next year. I'm excited to go to Sussex and when I went to the open day I got a really good impression from the place, but after seeing the 2014/15 university rankings from the Guardian - Sussex is 43rd - I can't help but feel a little taken aback. I know the league tables have to be taken with a pinch of salt and don't mean everything, but I was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts about it? Why would a seemingly very good university come so low?

Yeah i was pretty surprised and confused by this too. I'm still happy to (hopefully) be going there because i love the location and campus and course there, but still..
Thanks for the replies! Yeah looks like a mistake for everyone then :biggrin:
Reply 94
Unconditional for Politics (L200), from first year! Just been at the University of Stirling for two years, but couldn't hack the distance from home, so I'm starting all over again; it was a choice between first-year Sussex and second-year Portsmouth. Wasn't a very tough decision.
Hi guys! I have a conditional offer for ABB to do Social Work BA but I'm really worried I'll come out with ABC or bbc :frown: Does anyone know how flexible Social Work clearing is at sussex? Worried that because it's so good for the subject they can afford to be picky :frown:
Original post by marythestudent
Hi,
I have applied for 'English Literature' Undergrad at Sussex to start in September, I originally received an offer of A*BB/AAB but got a letter in the post today, telling me if I put them on UCAS as a firm choice I can get ABB and still start in Sep.
This makes me wonder-Why? I have taken a two-year gap from education and when friends applied a few years ago they had much more difficult offers.
Why such low entry requirements now?
Any advice/help?

does anyone think I can get in with ABC? Possibly A*BC, long term illness (I have a doctor's note) prevented me from taking my history exam :/
Hi, I'm James. I'm 18 but will be 19 before I start in September. I've got an unconditional offer to study History. Anybody else planning to study History at Sussex?
Original post by jamespw95
Hi, I'm James. I'm 18 but will be 19 before I start in September. I've got an unconditional offer to study History. Anybody else planning to study History at Sussex?

Me! I have an unconditional for history too :smile:
Original post by hannahm95
Me! I have an unconditional for history too :smile:

Awesome! Glad I'm not the only one :wink:where abouts are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending