The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
LOOK!!

i just realised: i got 3 green stars AND i've earned the official title 'full member'!!:laugh:
Reply 1381
^^they are called gems. :smile:
hey guys...long time no see. in the middle of IB exams right now and broke up with my bf yesterday. *sigh* Not really in the best happy mood now..
Eru Lawliet
Err dude, the Malaysia government is really generous if you compared it to other countries. I know it's still hard, but chances of one getting a scholarship from the Malaysian government or companies such as petronas are much better than compared with those in the UK and the rest of Europe. The reason why lots of students in the UK take a gap year or two before starting uni is to earn money for their years in unis.I know it may sound like anecdotal evidence but up until now I still haven't met any home students who are on a scholarship. Maintenance grants yes, scholarships no. I'm not sure about JPA but apparently Bank Negara gives you quite a good deal, 750 quid per month, which is reasonable provided that one is not a hardcore shopper or clubber. Can someone shed some light on JPA's deal? I do not think it will be too shabby either.

hm... sry dude, i have to disagree partially with this.

I agree with u if u meant to say foreigners(like me) are taking a gap year to save up.

But, i think the reason these local people are taking a gap year isn't just because they want to save up. and their fees are so much more cheaper than international student ( like me, again). They have their government body to pay for their fees, so all they need to pay is their accommodation , which is like £3000, and food and travel. IF they have the habit of saving up instead of getting pished in their teenage years, they would have save up loads!!
Reply 1384
Wai``Hou!
btw, why is cantonese slang funny?

it's impossible to translate some of those slangs word by word. like sat tao gor mmm sek lat jiu jiong, how are you going to explain that?! :p:

chezua i can't believe you are so in love with the series! i don't quite remember because it was aired so long ago but i think in the end, the ming forces were defeated. the ching emperor forced the couple to commit suicide on the day of their wedding in exchange for some concessions for the ming army. but apparently they didn't die and they lived happily ever after...
Reply 1385
good luck in your exams! :biggrin:
speedstacker
hm... sry dude, i have to disagree partially with this.

I agree with u if u meant to say foreigners(like me) are taking a gap year to save up.

But, i think the reason these local people are taking a gap year isn't just because they want to save up. and their fees are so much more cheaper than international student ( like me, again). They have their government body to pay for their fees, so all they need to pay is their accommodation , which is like £3000, and food and travel. IF they have the habit of saving up instead of getting pished in their teenage years, they would have save up loads!!

no worries. Hmmm yea i supposed you're right. The people i've spoken to said that they are using their own money to fund for their unis studies as they do not feel like depending on their parents, and the grants do not really cover all their expenses. But come to think of it i've only spoken to three of my friends who took a gap year, so probably i'm jumping to conclusions. :redface: Hmmm well i guess all teens are about the same, I don't save money either! :biggrin:

Crap accommodation search is killing me!!!!!!How much are you guys willing to pay person to live in London i wonder? I'm hoping to get a place in Holborn or Covent Garden if it's possible :redface:
Mikage
it's impossible to translate some of those slangs word by word. like sat tao gor mmm sek lat jiu jiong, how are you going to explain that?! :p:

chezua i can't believe you are so in love with the series! i don't quite remember because it was aired so long ago but i think in the end, the ming forces were defeated. the ching emperor forced the couple to commit suicide on the day of their wedding in exchange for some concessions for the ming army. but apparently they didn't die and they lived happily ever after...

you shouldn't spoil it for chezua ^_^

Edited : ahh she asked for it, sorry :redface:
Reply 1388
Mikage

It took me a few minutes to figure it out..:p:
Reply 1389
OHH.

i thought one of the couple died or something:redface: aw a happy ending afterall >_>
well you can't really blame me for being 'in love' with the series =P i mean, that's the last chinese series i've ever watched in my lifetime so i guess i just have to remember it:p:

@speedstacker
very true. i hope i get local rate tho:frown: it's so unfair; there's these workshops offered by unis around the UK (during the hols) but when i went to apply for one of them, they said 'sorry, it's only for students without anyone related to them gone to uni yet'. i was leik...DANG!!!:hmmm:

anyways ppl choose gap year to a) earn money yeah and b) get more experiences as this would enhance their CV whatever. i know this cos i got a couple of mates on gap year:p:
Wai``Hou!
It took me a few minutes to figure it out..:p:

so what does it mean? Romanise in Mandarin please!!
Reply 1391
Eru Lawliet
so what does it mean? Romanise in Mandarin please!!

It should be-- a small kid who doesn't eat chilli sauce..:smile:
How's your revision going? Hope everything is well..
Reply 1392
Oohh, the rep system is normal again~!! no more 2 shiny gems.. :frown: :p:
Reply 1393
what's the shiny gems' for? :confused:
Wai``Hou!
It should be-- a small kid who doesn't eat chilli sauce..:smile:
How's your revision going? Hope everything is well..

All I can say is that I'm still alive. Only 3 more days to go before my exam commenc es and i'm still on tsr :p:
Reply 1395
Eru Lawliet
All I can say is that I'm still alive. Only 3 more days to go before my exam commenc es and i'm still on tsr :p:

3 more days only??? :eek: time really flies.. good luck! :smile:
Reply 1396
Anyone give hugs around here..? ^o)

*hugs Stawberry* Cheer up and good luck with the exams!

"mmm sek lat jiu jiong" don't eat chilli sauce? I didn't get the words before that..:redface:

Though after reading Wai Hou's translation, I just got that "sat tao gor" actually sounds like sai lo go..? :s Tranlisteration is the EVIL!

Sorry for the butting in...:p:
Reply 1397
oohh, tRG, thanks for the rep! :smile:

**free hugs here** :biggrin:
thanks for the well wishes. Right, as my exam will start by tomorrow, I'm abstaining myself from logging onto TSR. See you guys in 10 days time!
Reply 1399
it's sat tao gor which means 'knee' not sai lou gor :p:

Quick Reply

Latest